logmein software shows up as malware?

• 13 September 2014
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I use LogMeIn Pro to assist family members with computer issues/troubleshooting.   I recently tried installing their desktop tool and Webroot identified it as maiware?

Would their installer be considered Malware?
If not, how do I get Webroot to see it as "safe"?

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hi,

I use LogMeIn Pro to assist family members with computer issues/troubleshooting.   I recently tried installing their desktop tool and Webroot identified it as maiware?

Would their installer be considered Malware?
If not, how do I get Webroot to see it as "safe"?

Thanks
Hello elroy,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

Are you using this one here Logmein ? Im signing in to Logmein without an issue.

Please have a look here in the in contolling active processes.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Hi elroy

Welcome to the Community Forums.

As Sherry has advised the issue could be down to WSA blocking the installer for some reason.  Please take a look at this article which explains the types of blocks and where to look for them, together with the options you have in terms of changing the status of the items.

Hopefully this will be of assistance?

Regards, Baldrick
Badge +1

Hello All,  Similar problem just appeared. 

I’ve been using LogMeIn Pro for 3+ years with Webroot and recently for the first time it appears that Webroot has identified LogMeIn as malware and is not allowing my laptop keystrokes to make it to the applications on the host computer.  We have Webroot running on both computers, so are not sure whether it’s the host or the remote laptop’s version of Webroot that has made the determination.  I had another colleague try to access the host through LogMeIn and they had the same problem as me.  Short of turning off Webroot or finding a replacement for LogMeIn is there something that can be done so these applications can continue to work together?

Thanks,

Lou

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

Hello All,  Similar problem just appeared. 

I’ve been using LogMeIn Pro for 3+ years with Webroot and recently for the first time it appears that Webroot has identified LogMeIn as malware and is not allowing my laptop keystrokes to make it to the applications on the host computer.  We have Webroot running on both computers, so are not sure whether it’s the host or the remote laptop’s version of Webroot that has made the determination.  I had another colleague try to access the host through LogMeIn and they had the same problem as me.  Short of turning off Webroot or finding a replacement for LogMeIn is there something that can be done so these applications can continue to work together?

Thanks,

Lou

Hello @ltarricone,

Please Submit a Support Ticket so that we can investigate this further. If we are detecting LMI, we will want to correct that.

Thanks,

-Dan

Badge +1

I submitted a ticket on Lou’s behalf (he’s my client).

We were able to isolate the LogMeIn problem to a specific WSA feature - Secure Keyboard. When SK is active, LogMeIn user keystrokes are not relayed from Lou’s local Mac computer to a remote Win10 computer (both running WSA). When SK is disabled on the local computer (Advanced Settings > Realtime Shield) the problem disappears.

This occurs despite the users granting "Allow" status to LogMeIn in WSA settings (Block/Allow Files and Active Processes).

As a workaround, we can temporarily disable Secure Keyboard, but obviously this isn’t an ideal solution from a security risk perspective. Please fix WSA to whitelist LogMeIn and allow it to operate in Secure Keyboard mode.