Solved

Lost access control password

• 25 June 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello,

I am unable to remember which password I set within the WR application's "Access control" feature. This is the password set locally on the system to prevent settings from being changed. I am able to access my web console, as well as the email account it is registered to. If needed, I can also provide my key (and even when/where I purchased the software).

I appreciate any help you are able to give me, as I do not want to reinstall my Windows OS. To be clear, this is 110% my fault. The software is performing exactly as it should, not even allowing me to uninstall (so I can perform a clean installation) without the password. I have tried every trick I can think of, included launching the Windows uninstaller with LocalSystem privleges.

I have only been using WR for about 2 months now, but it is an absolutely fantastic security solution. I have used several other endpoint protection solutions, and none have even come close to WR's performance and minimal system resource utilization.

I really hope someone can help me out here, but either way, I will continue using WR. Especially after seeing first hand how resiliant it is.

quick note: This is WR Internet Sec. Plus, not complete. I hope it is OK that I posted it here.

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 25 June 2017, 23:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi dbieniek

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I will private message you with the solution as itis not somethingt hat we give/want to be known generally.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Thank you! Working just as Baldrick said it would!

I have six subscriptions that are running on various flavors of Windows Server. It is installed on two Hyper-V host machines, and doesn't interfere whatsoever, even though MS recommends against running an anti-malware solution on the VM host..

WRSA is presently being used in combination with a host based f/w and WGFB-T50 network UTM. This combination has given us a lot of insulation from the constant attacks facing our public servers.

Anyhow, thanks again for all of your help.
Userlevel 7
Hi dbieniek

You are very welcome. Glad that the Community was able to come to your assistance. That is one of the many things that we are here for. :D

Regards, Baldrick