lost protection for cell phones and tablets

• 1 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I am one of many disappointed that lost device protection for Androids and Tablets has been removed from your product. I recognize there was trouble getting this option on newer devices but I have 2 older Samsung phones and S4 and an S7, as well as one newer devise - a Samsung View 2. I've switched over to Google device finder as you suggest but it does not compare to what Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete previously offered. I feel I have compromised my privacy severely and am so disappointed. I could opt in for the ATT lost protection service but it is rather pricey and I really don't have the confidence in ATT that I've had in Webroot previously. Please, please, please, reconsider and bring back Lost Device Protection. Are there others that feel the same way that want to contribute to the discussion. Has anyone found anything that compares?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @towniemom ,

I am very upset/disturbed by all the changes Webroot is making to the Mobile versions. Lost Protection was important to many users. Google just doesn’t cut it with me either. Despite the changes or disruptions I continue too use Webroot.

Slowly but surely Webroot is taking out the “Bells and Whistles. ” :disappointed_relieved:

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@towniemom  I notice you have Samsung mobile devices as I also do, have you set up a Samsung account yet? if you have you can carry out remote operations on your devices free of charge via a web browser as per image below:-

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Thank you @Sheltieuk

I have a Samsung Note 8 and I am not finding that apps/information. I can turn on my Location and Find My Device. But I am not finding any Remote operations. Other then TV Remote and any other household devices.

I do have a Samsung Account. Is there something that I might be missing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Ssherjj you need to first sign in at https://account,samsung.com then find  the Devices section on this page, click on devices and you will be taken to  a page with a find my device button on it this will take you to the screen shown in my original post. Best done from a Browser on a PC/Laptop.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Thank you @Sheltieuk ,

Much appreciated! I now know what you are talking about.  Yes,  I'll sign into Samsung  Account  on my laptop and follow your instructions, later today!  Awesome  😊

I will let you know how it goes... 😁