(Mac) Safari 6.1Seed8 potential conflict with WRSA 8.0.1.44 on OSX 10.8.5

• 15 October 2013
  • 1 reply

Just a heads-up/sanity check before I start ripping my MountainLion to bits and de-installing WRSA but has any other Mac user managed to load latest Safari 6.1Seed8 from Apple Developers with WRSA in situ?

Safari aborts/hangs with a "class" exception/null which circumstantially points to WRSA at the moment.....  :(
Safari Version 6.0.5 (8536.30.1) works ok currently.

1 reply

On another forum (My thanks to Joe formerly Prevx architect) it was pointed out that WSA (Mac) had indeed been upgraded multiple times! After many OSX "panics" I managed to override the Webroot kernel extension and finally install WSA(Mac) v8.0.4.231:118.
I retested Safari 6.1S8 and it still hangs even when WSA re-installed thus appears the issue not related to WSA! (Yippee).

However the reason my WSA did not auto-upgrade during last year remains unexplained although I suspect placing the original WSA v8.0.1.44 version in a nested folder viz: /Application/Security was possibly a reason?
I'm disinclined to regress via TimeMachine (at the moment) to reproduce the scenario but it does raise the question as to why WSA continually insisted it's version software was up-to-date during the previous year.
The "apparent" lack of publicly available versioning (Mac) didn't exactly help the situation and also begs the question as how to effectively check the auto-update is working correctly as intended?