Malware

• 2 September 2012
  • 32 replies

Show first post

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Daniel, to be candid, I had hoped to continue to be an active contributor here, but it was not meant to be.  I have decided to contribute as a reviewer on Amazon.com, particularly with regard to vitamin and health supplements, where my reviews focus upon an area where folks tell me they have gained a noticeable improvement in their health as a result of my contributions.

Like you, I enjoy helping others, and it’s nice to receive positive feedback from that proffer.

Take care!

RWM
You to the Astaxanthin is working great at 12 MG!

Cheers,

Daniel
Userlevel 2
Hope I’m not out of order asking this question here, but whilst on the subject of Malware and programmes that are suitable for dealing with such, I’d like to ask what members thought of ‘Windows Defender’ as an appropriate means of handling such matters…

I use it in conjunction with WSA and occasionally, it does detect the odd bits and pieces that are not caught by the main security programme ~ and removes them forthwith…
It doesn’t concern me whether or not these items really are malware…  If they are detrimental in any way, shape or form, I’m always pleased to be rid of them…

If this question is inappropriately placed, please let me know, or simply shuffle it to another location if that is feasible…

Many thanks…  Robinski…
Userlevel 2
Hi there Balders..  Thanks for the back-up info/support, which all points in the direction of: Go ~ Go ~ Go...

It's great when everything falls into place as though it was intended from day one on the planet...  Pity Adam and Eve didn't have it so good...

Cheers...

RD
It's not because there's a problem with your Webroot program, it's just that the Webroot product stinks at catching malware.

What do you mean by malware? virus/trojan/malicious script are all forms of malware.

if you are saying that: "Webroot antivirus is greatest product ever but it stinks at catching viruses" then I wonder what is the point behind an antivirus?
Userlevel 7
Sorry, but you have completely lost me...your point is...what exactly?
if the question is directed at me then my point is clarification of what the OP means by malware.

The OP praises webroot for being the greatest tool out there and then the OP states that it sucks at detecting malware.

I don't know what he means by malware.
Userlevel 7
Hi tempnexus

It was and I suspect that the OP is using the generic term 'malware' to refer specifically to the 'opp up type ads' that he was having an issue with.  He is therefore confused.

Regards

Baldrick