Solved

Malwarebytes and Webroot complete

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hello Everyone.

I have the Webroot Complete for many years. My freind told me Malwarebytes Premium is a good products to scan for Malaware. I recentley purchased Malawarebytes Premium. I have a question please:

Since I have the Webroot Complete, Is it ok to have the Malawarebytes Premium ?

I have already purchased It, and I did the scanned and It did found one issue after Quarentine i deleted It.

please let me know waht to do

Thank you very much

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 10 July 2020, 20:17

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Is Baldrick Available.

Please let me know what to do

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @venus60 yes @Baldrick is still around.

Give it a try to see if there are any conflict’s and if there is let us know and you may need to Submit a Support Ticket as they might have some suggestions. I have MBAM Premium Lifetime because I had it for many years but I only use it for On-Demand so haven’t really tried it together because I use VoodooShield with WSA and they work like a charm. 

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue and support can take up to 48 hours to reply or a little longer because of COVID-19.

HTH,

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Dear TripleHelix.

Thank you very much for your reply I appreciate.

How would I know if Webroot Is working correctly, and how would I know if there is conflicts between those Two?

In other words webroot can scan and not working properlly, and i woluld never know is that correct?

Also, I noticed my Windows Defender Firewall Is On, is that Ok?

please let me know

Thank you very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Windows Firewall must be on with WSA’s Firewall!

Managing Firewalls

The SecureAnywhere firewall monitors data traffic traveling out of your computer ports. It looks for untrusted processes that try to connect to the Internet and steal your personal information. It works with the Windows firewall, which monitors data traffic coming into your computer. With both the SecureAnywhere and Windows firewall turned on, your data has complete inbound and outbound protection.

You should not turn off either the Windows firewall or the SecureAnywhere firewall. If they are disabled, your system is open to many types of threats whenever you connect to the Internet or to a network. These firewalls can block malware, hacking attempts, and other online threats before they can cause damage to your system or compromise your security.

The SecureAnywhere firewall is preconfigured to filter traffic on your computer. It works in the background without disrupting your normal activities. If the firewall detects any unrecognized traffic, it opens an alert where you can block the traffic or allow it to proceed.

https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingFirewallWebShieldProtection/ManagingFirewalls.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520Firewall%2520%252F%2520Web%2520Shield%2520Protection%7C_____1

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

You will know if there are any conflicts because things will slow down on the system and Browsing and anything else that feels abnormal. But if you see these post back and we can turn off MBAM’s shields one at a time.

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Dear TripleHelix.

Thank you very much for your recent answer I appreciate very much.

I am a member of Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, and other Adobe Software. recently, i was not able to connect to the Adobe creative cloud. Also, i was not able to Download files from Mozila, and Chrome. Also, I could not open Photoshop, unless I had to open as Administrator. I Have purchased a new computer, Dell Computer, and I have the malwarebyte installed in both computer. In other words, I have purchased Malwarebytes, for Both Computers. After going back and forth with Dell Tech Support, and Adobe Tech Support, i found out I had a Proxy, and Administrator Issue. and I was told not to have two protection at the same time, In other words, Running  Malwarebytes and Webroot at the same time is not  a good Idea. Therefore, I Shutdown the Malware bytes. Please let me know what you recommend.

Thank you very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Just like I posted above! With MBAM turn off all Realtime protective shields and turn one on at a time to see which one is conflicting with WSA. It’s a trial and error so see what works if you want to run MBAM in realtime with WSA.

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Dear TripleHelix.

If Webroot is protecting the computer from Viruses, and Malware, and Trojans, what is the purpose of having Malwarebytes?

I haven't heard of Baldrick, how is he doing?

Thanks Again

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

You don’t have to rum MBAM with WSA as I don’t but in case you wanted to.

@Baldrick  is doing fine as far as i know!

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Venus60 - Yes in case you want to keep both MBAM Premium and WSA on a computer, as an option with MBAM you can turn off its real-time protection, and keep the scheduled scan as is, scans daily by default, or adjust it to run weekly. 

Then when the MBAM Premium subscription runs out you can just use their free version which only allows you to run it manually on-demand.  If you decide to turn off MBAM real time and not do scheduled scans as Webroot is protecting real-time, then maybe you can transfer the MBAM license to another of your or family/friend computer.

Awhile back I had MBAM and WSA running similarly but as I “accumulated” more computers, I run MBAM (real-time) and Windows Defender (periodic scan) on my newer Win10 laptop, while on some computers I run WSA (real-time w/ scheduled quick scan) and Win Defender (periodic scan). My oldest computer (circa 2006 :scream: XP to Win7 to Win10  ) runs just WSA.