Solved

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.

Userlevel 4
  • Popular Voice
  • 54 replies
Hi all :D,

Is it a good idea to install MBAE as another layer of protection or will it overlap with WSA-C?
Thanks for your replies.

Cheers,
Herve
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 25 June 2014, 17:47

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Heco, I believe a lot of us here do run MalwareBytes along side of WSA without any issues for at least I haven't found any issues. Anybody else here have anything to add? 🙂 For Heco saids this :

Is it a good idea to install MBAE as another layer of protection or will it overlap with WSA-C?
Thanks for your replies.
Userlevel 7
Hi Herve and Sherry,

I personally do run MBAE along side Webroot and have seen no problems myself, however, in the Malwarebytes forums some people have noticed conflicts where protected applications can't open unless one or both MBAE and Webroot are disabled. Mostly this happens with the beta/experimental builds of MBAE though.

Sherry, MBAM itself is different from MBAE 😉. MBAM focuses on the payload itself, whether from an exploit, regular download, USB, etc., where MBAE does not focus on quarantining the payload itself but blocking the exploit which downloads it. MBAE works by injecting its dll's into the application, thus monitoring it for attempted exploits, which is why it might conflict with Webroot, where MBAM kind of just sits on it's own 😃.

Shran
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
OhDear! Shran, I didn't realize that there was a MBAE...as you say:
-----------------------------
I personally do run MBAE along side Webroot and have seen no problems myself, however, in the Malwarebytes forums some people have noticed conflicts where protected applications can't open unless one or both MBAE and Webroot are disabled. Mostly this happens with the beta/experimental builds of MBAE though.

Sherry, MBAM itself is different from MBAE . MBAM focuses on the payload itself, whether from an exploit, regular download, USB, etc., where MBAE does not focus on quarantining the payload itself but blocking the exploit which downloads it. MBAE works by injecting its dll's into the application, thus monitoring it for attempted exploits, which is why it might conflict with Webroot, where MBAM kind of just sits on it's own .
-------------------------
Thank you for clarification! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Herve,

Really IMHO it's not needed as WSA will protect you from any payloads from any exploit and WSA has the Journaling and Rollback feature in case it's not known also the payload would have to run to do anything so it's best to keep all applications updated and let WSA do what it does best keep you and your private information safe!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
If you want to stop an exploit in its early stages, MBAE will be a great addition. If you think rolling back the havoc it has wrought and all the headaches that come with it is enough, you won't need it. If you think exploits are all about the final payload and nothing of importance happens in between (:8), you won't need it either.
Userlevel 6
WSA may do it all, but I also use MB and a couple times it picked up 1 or 2 PUA's missed on my WSA scan. I scan with WSA 1st, run system optimizer and then run MB.

I  also installed the MBAE. when it came out in BETA. They recently launched the Premium (or pay) version. I am staying with the free one. It is a good extra layer of protection. With WSA, the free version is all you should need as an extra layer.

BTW: I personally have not had any conflicts with it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello BB97, As you mentioned:

WSA may do it all, but I also use MB and a couple times it picked up 1 or 2 PUA's missed on my WSA scan. I scan with WSA 1st, run system optimizer and then run MB.

I  also installed the MBAE. when it came out in BETA. They recently launched the Premium (or pay) version. I am staying with the free one. It is a good extra layer of protection. With WSA, the free version is all you should need as an extra layer.

BTW: I personally have not had any conflicts with it.

May I ask you what OS you are running MB and MBAE with? Just curious and great input. ;)
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:

May I ask you what OS you are running MB and MBAE with? Just curious and great input. ;)
Thank you Sherry!
Of course you can ask! My OS is Windows 8.1 64 bit 
I have an AMD A8-4500M APU processor w/Radeon HD Graphics, 8 GB RAM and a small (500GB):8 SATA HD
Userlevel 7
"I have an AMD A8-4500M APU processor w/Radeon HD Graphics, 8 GB RAM and a small (500GB):8 SATA HD"

Oh cry me a river...

😉
Userlevel 6
@_GoSpursGo wrote:
"I have an AMD A8-4500M APU processor w/Radeon HD Graphics, 8 GB RAM and a small (500GB):8 SATA HD"

Oh cry me a river...

;)
Cute Shran! LOL!
Up until a year ago I was using a desktop with an 80GB HD with a very slow processor and 750MB RAM. I have been loving life since I got my laptop! But regardless, I have been teased (and critisized) by those who can afford bigger and better that I have a teeny HD and a slow processor. But when they need help they with their "bigger and better", who do you think they call? Not ghostbusters, not Geek Squad who they cant afford to pay after spending on the "bigger and better",  they call me! Thats when I laugh an OCEAN!:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi BB97, thank you for the quick reply:
-------------------------------------------
Of course you can ask! My OS is Windows 8.1 64 bit
I have an AMD A8-4500M APU processor w/Radeon HD Graphics, 8 GB RAM and a small (500GB) SATA HD
---------------------------------------------
I always like to know what everyone's Computer/ OS they are running! Thanks!! 😉
Userlevel 4
Hi all :D,

Guess who is the most likely to convince me with his comment about my question! LOL The winner(s) will get a kudo as a reward...:D

Thanks all for your interesting inputs!

Cheers,
Herve

Your attention please! The contest will end at 12:00 pm on Monday 30th (Paris, Amsterdam Time)
Userlevel 6
The answer to your original question is it is a personal opinion. In my opinion, the answer is YES.
I dont think this community is a contest, we are here to help eachother and learn from eachother.
Userlevel 4
@BB97 wrote:
The answer to your original question is it is a personal opinion. In my opinion, the answer is YES.
I dont think this community is a contest, we are here to help eachother and learn from eachother.
Sorry  BB97 for my message. I was just kidding :$. I thought when posting it that some fun could be accepted in the Community..... Apparently it"s a flop!
I do apologize if i hurt any member with this joke.
End of this stupid contest. From now on i will post with the utmost seriousness, singing "Cry me a river" while typing! :(

Cheers,
Herve
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Sorry  BB97 for my message. I was just kidding :$. I thought when posting it that some fun could be accepted in the Community..... Apparently it"s a flop!
I do apologize if i hurt any member with this joke.
End of this stupid contest. From now on i will post with the utmost seriousness! :(

Cheers,
Heco
Accepted and not necessary. We all like to have fun. Members are here to help eachother and when someone posts a question, we do our best to help answer. No one expects utmost seriousness! :D 
Userlevel 7
Hi Sherry:
Running Windows 7 Home Premium

Processor Pentium {R} Dual Core CPU T4400@ 2.20 GHz 2.20 GHz
Ram 4.00 GB 64 bit

LapTop Dell
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Anthony that's nice to know.

Thank you..I get rather noisey when it concerns computers! 🙂