Missing Padlock

Userlevel 3
I have 2 windows 7 Home PCs with Webroot. On Both PCs there is no padlock when opening web browsers. Also there is nothing listed in application protection on either browser. I have opened a support ticket and have uninstalled and reinstalled as requested but issue not resolved. I know there was a google chrome update recently ans a windows 7 preview nonthly roll up. Could 1 of these be the cause.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
I have been able to manually add Google chrome & internet Explorer to the application protection list and now the padlock shows when I open the browsers. It appears the latest Webroot V9.0.24.37 does not automatically detect applications  ( chrome  & internet explorer) from a clean install . My 2 PCs are both running Windows 7 Home. 

See this https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Missing-padlock/td-p/4029 maybe that might help you.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings