Solved

Mobile Tracker Trojan Removal

I have a Mobile Tracker Trojan that Webroot found on my android phone, but it can not be deleted. What do I do?
icon

Best answer by DanP 17 May 2016, 17:06

View original

15 replies

I have the same problem. The alert showed up overnight.
I am getting the same alert. Alert says com.sec.android.app.mt is a Trojan but I am unable to install it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
? ? and ?

Welcome to the Webroot Community,,

Would you all please Submit a Support Ticket so that this can be investigated? This is a free service with a Webroot subscription.

https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Thank you, 

Yep. That is exactly what happened to me. I use my phone for virtually everything during the day except for gaming.
Userlevel 7
Hi guney63, Hi Hwsdohan, Hi DiamondRN8

Welcome both to the Community Forums.

I believe that what you are seeing is in fact a false psitive detection. Please these two previous post on the same subject...HERE & HERE for more information on this.

If however you are still concerned you can Open a Support Ticket and check this out with the Support Team.

Hope that helps?,

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
This is most likely a false positive...but support can tell you more.
I've hit the same. Uninstaller everything I saw overnight. Still showing, and it is in apps. Forced stopped, but can't disable or uninstall. Couldn't find a com.sec.android.app.mt anywhere. Not sure how something this serious sounding is a false positive unless it's installed by webroot. Please explain.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Niphty

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

We have had quite a few reporting this issue today and it must be a false positive because not everyone would get the same infection.

If however you are still concerned you can Open a Support Ticket and check this out with the Support Team.
I too have the issue this morning and find it very disturbing...has cost me much time trying to determine if it is real and if I am at risk. Not getting straight answers from help Geek Squad help desk chats, being told it is probably (get real!) a false positive because so many are seeing the issue, referenced to 2 year old post stating it is a know issue, signing up for the community so I can post, etc.

Since I have not had the problem in the last 2 years that I have been using Webroot, either they did an update last night which is now detecting a program as a virus, or I picked up a virus (although I have not downloaded any apps in the last few days.

Either way, I expect clear communication on what happened, if it is a false positive, or what I must do, if it is a virus and I need to remove. Extremely disapointed on how an issue this serious is being handle!!!

Please don't tell me to waste more time by openning a ticket!!!
Userlevel 7
Hi HnaP

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I am afraid that we here are just volunteers without any affliation with Webroot per se, i.e., we cannot offificially advise as to the nature of a threat or fa'se postive other then based on our experience, etc.

The only persons who can are the Support Team/Threat Researchers at Webroot, but hoepfully is one of the other members who have the issue has opened asupport ticket then they will post back with the official line as soon as it is communicated to them.

In the interim perhaps ? could give us the benefit of his experience re. this one?

Regards, Ba'drick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello HnaP,

Welcome to the Webroot Communiuty,

Webroot did have an update with the mobile version.

UpdatedMay 13, 2016Current Version3.7.1.7660 We here on this Forum rre volunteers and we can understand your frustrations in this matter. But we cannot advise you what to do in this case except to submit a Support ticket so that they can answer this issue and they are better in advising you on how to handle this situation.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
This is a False Positive, and we are working to resolve the issue. In the meantime, you may choose the option to "Ignore this threat" and this will prevent Webroot from displaying the alert again for that particular app.

Thanks,

-Dan
Userlevel 7
Hi Dan

Many thanks for responding...much appreciated, as always, to have the professional view on the subject. :D

Regards, Baldrick
Message I received from Webroot Support:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

It does appear the detection in question was a false positive. We have re-evaluated the definition detecting the application you report and corrected the false positive on our end. Within the next 24-48 hours we will release a new definition set with those corrections and you should no longer see that detection. In the meantime, you may choose the option to "Ignore this threat" and this will prevent Webroot from displaying the alert again for that particular app. We appreciate your report and thorough troubleshooting!

Regards,

The Webroot Mobile Threat Research Team
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks you for letting us know ? We appreciate this information very much!