My right click option to scan attached devices or permanently delete a file has disappeared

• 7 September 2015
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1
It was there at one time because I've used it.  Went to scan a USB thump drive before giving it to someone and all the right click options have disappeared.  Is there a work around to scan the thump drive without the right click options?

14 replies

Hi

if you go on webroot icon and click on scan options under settings there will be a option to scan different drives and usb

Userlevel 1
Thanks for the quick response.  I failed to mention I'm running Windows 10 on a PC.

I'm unable to find "scan options".  I found scan settings under the "advanced settings" but no where in scan settings could I find a way to scan a USB drive (or other attached device).  Frustrating.
Userlevel 1
Nevermind, found it.  Thanks to the image you posted.  Thanks a ton.

ET

PS: WIsh my right click option didn't disappear though. 🙂
Hi mate did you find the scan options for usb ect... 

If yes I am glad I helped. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Edit: Nevermind ? had this covered.;)

Please open Webroot in the taskbar and View Status. In the right hand upper corner you will see Advanced Setting/Open Scan Settings on the left side of menu and make sure Enable right click scanning in Windows Explorer is checked.

Hope this helps?

Userlevel 1
Hi Sherry and thanks for the response.  Yes, that was already checked and not the cause of my situation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sure thing ?!;)

Happy to hear you got that sorted!

Have a great day!
Userlevel 1
Can we get this for mac please?
Userlevel 7
Possibly, @!

If you submit it on our Forum as an Idea Request ;)
Userlevel 7
I think that there may well be one there already.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes you are right @

You can go here to Kudo that Idea 😃
Userlevel 7
@ @ Thanks for correcting me on that. I was going to search for it but obviously didn't do so :catlol:
Userlevel 7
NO worries, JP...it is all about teamwork! ;)