Solved

My Webroot program has always been compatible with my Norton 360 protection, until yesterday. Why?

• 25 September 2016
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
My Webroot program has always been able to operate without being interfered with by Norton 360, until suddenly yesterday. I keep getting the error message 3038, 104. What happened?
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 25 September 2016, 20:36

View original

9 replies

Hi Leo2016,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

This seems to be a Norton issue and can occur after a Norton update.

Please see the following info from Norton here.

Hope this info helps,
BD
Userlevel 2
Thank you so much, BD. It worked. I appreciate your help!

I have a follow-up question for you. I have used Webroot Secure Anywhere (or earlier versions thereof) for years along with my stand alone anti-virus program without issue, currently Norton 360.  I have always heard that it's best to not use more than one program to protect your computer but I have always kept all the elements of Webroot on, even if there is some redundency. This includes the firewall and I've never had an issue. Long ago, when I first got Webroot, I understood it to function in a non-aggressive, meaning it would not interfer with my main anti-virus program. I've always found this to be the case. I love the overwrite feature the most but as I stated I have kept all the settings on. 

Would you recommend I continue doing this? Norton says absolutely not and that I should uninstall Webroot immediately. I'd love to hear your opinion on this.

Thanks so much again for your help!  
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thank you so much, BD. It worked. I appreciate your help!

I have a follow-up question for you. I have used Webroot Secure Anywhere (or earlier versions thereof) for years along with my stand alone anti-virus program without issue, currently Norton 360.  I have always heard that it's best to not use more than one program to protect your computer but I have always kept all the elements of Webroot on, even if there is some redundency. This includes the firewall and I've never had an issue. Long ago, when I first got Webroot, I understood it to function in a non-aggressive, meaning it would not interfer with my main anti-virus program. I've always found this to be the case. I love the overwrite feature the most but as I stated I have kept all the settings on. 

Would you recommend I continue doing this? Norton says absolutely not and that I should uninstall Webroot immediately. I'd love to hear your opinion on this.

Thanks so much again for your help!  
They don't understand that WSA is designed to work with other AV's in case users want to. Okay an infection comes to your system and both detect it so WSA will not hook into it as it knows not to fight with another AV which could cause issues so WSA is a smart AV but if Norton didn't see it then WSA would step in and protect you. Very simple.

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
See here also about other AV's:

Incompatibility Messages Regarding Webroot from Third Party Antivirus Programs

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Incompatibility-Messages-Regarding-Webroot-from-Third-Party/ta-p/20338

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Hi Leo2016,

You're very welcome. Glad we could be of assistance. :)

And, as TripleHelix has pointed out, Webroot is designed to be fully compatible with other AVs. Many users run Webroot alongside other AVs. I personally don't because I feel that Webroot is fully capable of handling things on it's own. Been using for years on multiple computers and have never had a reason to second-guess this decision. Webroot is just that good.;)

Thanks for getting back to us and letting is know how it worked out.

Have a good day,
BD
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi Leo2016,

And, as TripleHelix has pointed out, Webroot is designed to be fully compatible with other AVs.

Exactly. Long time ago I've been using WSA alonside other AV and IS security solutions and had never seen any conficts caused by Webroot. If some issues appeared they were always a matter of the other products.

@ wrote:
Hi Leo2016,

I personally don't because I feel that Webroot is fully capable of handling things on it's own. Been using for years on multiple computers and have never had a reason to second-guess this decision. Webroot is just that good ;)
BD, having the same experiences I fully share your opinion 😃 Webroot is not only just that good, it's also the lightest, the fastest and simply the best ;)

Have a great Sunday!

Mike 
Userlevel 2
Thank you, Daniel, for your obviously informed opinion on my Webroot/Norton 360 issue.

I appreciate you took the time to offer me sound advice on this matter.

You and this whole community is really ourstanding!

Yours,

Leo2016 
Userlevel 2
Thanks so much for the follow-up, BD.

This is my first time in this community and you and others are simply first rate!

I appreciate the help with my WSA/Norton issue.

You rock!

Yours,

Leo2016
Userlevel 2
Thanks to Mike and TripleHelix for the opinions on my WSA/Norton issue.

You guys are the best.

Leo2016