Solved

My WSA Complete doesnt have filter extension for safe search

• 30 December 2013
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 2
 I purchased WSA Complete on 26th Dec 2013. My new product does not show safe searches (green ticks etc) in either IE11 or Google, nor does the filter extension appear in IE11 add-ons. Do I have to wait for the key to be updated on Webroot`s database before I get this (like in my old WSA Antivirus)? If so, how long does it take, as it could be a security issue as regards my children browsing the internet? Also, WSA Complete comes with a Toolbar. Does the Toolbar only deal with password management?  I prefer to type in passwords so have disabled this. Or does it do more? Any advice greatly appreciated as it`s all new to me. Last point (for any webroot staff). I`ve changed my avatar pic once. Can I change it again, or are you only allowed the one change?

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all

George
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 31 December 2013, 00:16

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi George,

Yes as they are still rolling the New Web Shield out slowly the time frame I don't think anyone can say as some and including a couple of my other keycodes have not received the New Web Shield the last I heard about 10 million users have the new Web Shield out of over 30 million users. Yes the toolbar is for the Password Management also you have Back Up & Sync that you can use also. And your Avatar you should be able to change it any time you want and to what you want that is appropriate for public forums.

Regards,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 3
I had to do a clean uninstall and reinstall to try to solve a scan schedule issue I am having. After the reinstall, I too have noticed that I no longer have the Web Shield for IE8 or Firefox 26.0. When I performed the clean uninstall and reinstall, did I lose it and now I will have to wait for the roll out or did something not load on the new reinstall. I've done a few uninstall/reinstalls and this is the first time this has happened.   😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I assume you used the same keycode and not a new one? Maybe try another clean reinstall with a reboot in between as I have done many clean reinstalls and always the same keycode and always get the extensions back in IE10 & Firefox 26 and I don't know about Chrome as I don't use it.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hi JD

Can confirm what Daniel advises (not that I really need to, of course ;)).  I swap regularly between versions, using the same key code, and once the extensions appeared, they have always been there.

Would definitively give it a go.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 3
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a number of times, using the same keycode as was suggested, but it still does not load. Usually when I do a clean uninstall, I use CCleaner to get rid of all the left over files. I have done this a few times prior and did not lose the filter extension.  I was issued a new keycode about a month ago, because of an issue when I renewed my subscription, but I have done an uninstall and reinstall with the new keycode before and it loaded the filter extention.

So to go back to my original question, do I have to wait until it gets rolled out again?
Userlevel 7
Hi JD

That does seem strange...and have not heard of that happening,,,at least not so far.  So I would suggest that you submit a Support Ticket and let Support look at your particular case...unless Daniel's much greater experience can be brought to bear as to possible causes, etc.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 3
I just tried another clean uninstall and reinstall wuth the same reuslts...no filter extension.  I even tried deleting my PC from PC Security and currently it is not showing up.  It shows 0 PC's Protected. Hopefully it will sink up in a short time unless I really messed things up. 😞
Userlevel 7
Hi JD

If it does not Sync Up after a reasonable period may I suggest that you look at this KB artcile that may help you do so manually:

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/How-to-Reactivate-a-PC/ta-p/28954

and then open that Support Ticket (Open a Support Ticket) giving all the details, and let the Support Team take a look.

If yo do and they manage to identify/sort the issue then please post back with details as it may well be useful if  another Community Member has the same issue in the future. :D

HTH?

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi JD,

Can you go to the WRData Folder location and open up and look for PKG Folder and look in there to see if you have these Folders & Files?

Thanks,

Daniel

Please follow Baldrick's steps first to get your PC to show up in the Online Console and then you can confirm the files below.

Userlevel 3
I followed Baldrick's steps and I was able to get my PC back on the Online Console. Thank you so much!  :D

Unfortunately the PKG Folder in my WRData Folder does not show any of the  folders that you show in your illustration. All that is showing is the Vistax86 folder with the wrlft.dll file inside.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to hear you have it back on your Online Console the only time you need to delete it if you transfer to a new computer or do a Clean OS reinstall or a major hardware change such as a hard drive.

Now the New Web Shield it looks like you lost it but to be sure you can contact support and ask them to check and even if they could put you back on the new Web Shield channel with your current keycode?

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Is it possible that now that the device is reactivated in the Console, another clean reinstall of WSA might fix the problem?   (WIth install issues of the new Web Threat Shield being, well new, this is new territory in some ways.)
Userlevel 3
I tried doing another install and still no Filter Extension.  Same thing as before shows up in my WRData folder. Just the one file.  :(

Thanks for all the help about getting my PC back in the console.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Contact support it's possible they can do something for you just tell them you had it and a new keycode and now you lost and miss it!

Daniel
Userlevel 3
I just tried another clean uninstall and reinstall. I noticed after I did the clean uninstall using CCleaner the WRData folder remained. So I moved it to a temporary folder and reinstalled WSA figuring it would create a new folder. For some reason the reinstall is not creating a new WRData folder. I will contact Support to see what they say. I also performed a reboot each time.