need to delete old expired console

• 4 October 2014
  • 7 replies

Webroot is the biggest mess that I have ever encounter for computer security.

Need to delete old expired console, so my new software can be installed

7 replies

Webroot really needs to do some work on the user interface. Personally, I do not find it intuitive at all. Love the software, hate the interface. This thread is one reason why. The console is not streamlined for user friendliness.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Webroot is the biggest mess that I have ever encounter for computer security.

Need to delete old expired console, so my new software can be installed

Hello gmgodwin,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

o remove a computer from the Webroot Account Management website, please follow the instructions below. 
  1. Log in to my.webrootanywhere.com and select the console you wish to view.  
  2. Click the PC Security tab.  
  3. Select the PC you want to deactivate. [img]http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_console_add_a_pc.png[/img] A window with options for this PC appears.  
  4. Click the Commands tab, then click Deactivate. [img]http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_console_pc_commands_deactivate.png[/img]
  5. A confirmation popup appears. If you are certain you want to deactivate the PC, click Confirm.
If the selected computer is running at this time, the SecureAnywhere application will be uninstalled immediately. If the computer is currently turned off, SecureAnywhere will be uninstalled the next time you reboot the machine.

For instructions on removing a mobile device from the Account Management website, click here.

If you want to delete the keycode to your online console you will need to Contact Support 

You can add new Keycode to your online Console after deactivating and if you have the Password Manager you will need to contact Support to transfer your Passwords so you don't loose them.

Please let us know if you need more help and we will be here  for you!

So sorry for your troubles but we will get them fixed. No worries!

Best Regards,
Thanks for the reply. It doesn't work. The console that I am trying to remove has expired; therefore, the commond link doesn't appear for me to deactiveate it. Only Add PC image appears.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Thanks for the reply. It doesn't work. The console that I am trying to remove has expired; therefore, the commond link doesn't appear for me to deactiveate it. Only Add PC image appears.

Thanks
Hi gmgodwin,

Did you purchase from Best Buy/Geek Squad? If so please contact them here and if you have a subscription from Webroot please issue a Support Ticket here for free of charge. Don't worry your subscription won't laspe right away because you will still be protected by Webroot for 30 days I believe.

@  can you provide any information here as well? 

Regards,
Yes, I purchased it from Bestbuy

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Yes, I purchased it from Bestbuy

Hi gmgodwin,

Then if you have a subscription for Best Buy then its best to Contact them directly at http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/geeksquad-dl

1.800.Geeksquad
Chat with an Agent »  One other thing have you unistalled Webroot and reinstalled? I could help you reinstall if you like to try that!  Will you let us know how that works out or if you still need help and I'm sure someone in the Community can further assist you.  Regards, 
Userlevel 7
Hi gmgodwin

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You need to access your Web Console (via this link), and once logged in click on your email address displayed in the top right hand corner of the web page and select Account Settings from the dropdown menu displayed.

Then under the section entitled 'Access & Permissions' check what the settings is against PC Security Console. If it does not show 'Admin' then click on the Change link to the right of the status.  The Access & Permissions page displayed click on the dropdown arrow to the right of the status of PC Security Console, and select Admin, and then click on Save Access & Permissions. 

Return to the PC Security page (link from the header bar on the page), and then click on the icon for the PC you want to delete and this time you should see the 'Commands' options and so should be able to action Sherry's guidance.

Hope that helps? If not then please do come back and let us know and we will look to working on Plan C.

Regards, Baldrick