Solved

No Green Checks next to websites on google/bing searches on google chrome

Show first post

68 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Sordid-justice  and welcome to the community!
@ wrote:
I have reinstalled the extention on chrome, reinstalled chrome, reinstalled webroot, and still nothing. 

I have also done a support ticket.

WAIT IT NOW WORKS ON SAFARI AT LEAST 8D >> .. now if only chrome.
I hope that support has resolved your issue and that you have everything working correctly.

Please do let us know. and please do come back often.

Beth

Userlevel 7
Welcome to the community Zac-A-Tac!

Please do come back and share your experiences. Browse around, you will find a lot of valuable information here.

If you need assistance with anything else, let us know!

Enjoy the commu ity!

Beth
@ wrote:
I use Google Chrome a lot and I used to have green check marks I think next to the search results and now they are gone.

Check marks stopped working for me in Chrome when it upgraded from v35 to v36 a few days ago.  I guess the extension needs updating.  I have heard that Google is going to put restrictions on extensions being installed by 3rd parties, outside of the Chrome store, so maybe there is something implemented in v36 on this. 
Userlevel 7
Hi MadeMeCry

Good thought.  The change in Google's policy re. extensions is annoying if somewhat understandable...and I believe that as a result Webroot is looking to change the way that its extensions are made avaialble to users, i.e., that at some point in the future they will be downloadable from the store.

But if & when that change takes place I do not have any information on...so I guess that it is a case of...'watch for the anouncement'.

Regards

Baldrick
Badge +1
I also do not have green checkmarks in my search results in Google Chrome 36. The bad thing is that the web filtering doesn't block websites as well. I checked with Firefox known malicious sites that Webroot webfiltering blocks and it's blocking with Firefox but not with Google chrome.

P.S. The version of the Webfiltering extension is 1.0.0.32
Userlevel 7
Welcome to the community metamorph!

Thank you for your feedback.

It appears that this has become an issue since the upgrade of Chrome to 36.

I believe that  MadeMeCry hit the nail on the head, Google Chrome may be the causing this.

Sorry for the inconveniebce.

Beth

Userlevel 7
Hi metamorph

If this is a concern to you then I would recommend that you Open a Support Ticket to notify the Support Team and get them to look into this for you, if they are not already aware and seeing what, if anything, can be done from the Webroot side.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
OK, Gang...have just checked out both the latest Beta (v37) & the latest Dev (v38) versions and the behaviour is the same as being seen for v36 (heads up courtesy of Made Me Cry...;))...the Password Manager works fine but the Web Filtering extension will not play ball...or rather Chrome is not playing ball with the Webroot extension.

One is still very well protected by WSA, even without the Web Filtering extension working, as advised by Daniel previously, so it really is currently down to choice as to whether to allow the upgrade to v36 or stay current.

Hope that helps clarify things a bit...:D

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
I checked Google Chrome's site. They did make an announcement that begining with ver 33 all extensions must go thru their store. They gave us a break til ver 36, LOL!

Userlevel 7
Hi Beth

Maybe...but, frankly, I don't think that they gave anyone a break but rather they are a chaotic organisation that was unable to implement what they stated, and they are late in implementing this frankly crass measure.

I am surprised that a number of large software companies have not complained about this.

Just my opinion though.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
LOL!

Something tells me you are not alone!

My impression of this new policy is not just to protect the users, but another means of control.

@ wrote:
Hi Beth

Maybe...but, frankly, I don't think that they gave anyone a break but rather they are a chaotic organisation that was unable to implement what they stated, and they are late in implementing this frankly crass measure.

I am surprised that a number of large software companies have not complained about this.

Just my opinion though.

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@BB97 wrote:
LOL!

Something tells me you are not alone!

My impression of this new policy is not just to protect the users, but another means of control.

@ wrote:
Hi Beth

Just my opinion though.

Regards

Baldrick
 Well as I see it theres alot of other Browsers out there so who is controling who!!:D

Userlevel 7
@ hope that you are well?

As you can see we are somewhat exercised by the fact that of Chrome v36 (despite it being announced as of v33) the Web Filtering Extension, whilst correctly installed no longer provides the check marking facility against search results.

I do remember that there was a discussion about this and the fact that Google was requiring extension suppliers to provide them via the Store, and I believe that you advised that Webroot are indeed looking to do that.  So my question is, if that is correct (not a figment of my imagination)/still the planned approach, would you be able to advise as to when they might be available form there?

Any info that yo can provide re. this state of affairs would, I am sure, be much appreciated by the users in the Community.

Many thanks in anticipation. :D

Regards

Baldrick 

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
All I can say is Webroot is working on it as Google is forcing all extensions to be installed via the Chrome store! 😠 Even though I have them installed it does not show Checkmarks but the Web Shield still works.

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 7
Yup, that is precisely what I am seeing and is as I advised earlier in this thread...based on what you had advised in another previous thread on the same subject.  

Methinks that there are probably too many threads on this subject...LOL. ;)

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeppers but it can't be said enough my friend! LOL

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks for getting to the bottom of this everyone.  I'll pass this up the chain and see if there is any update about getting everything listed in the store.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Nic!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
I use Webroot SecureAnywhere AV and this problem still hasn't been fixed.  How much longer?

Userlevel 7
Hi rd52

I think that we need to see if @ can have a check for us as per the last time.  I suspect that the issue is with the hoops that Goggle are probably making extension providers jump through before their extensions can be hosted in the Google Store...but that is just my guess from what I know of Google.

Regards

Baldrick
Has anybody from Webroot actually confirmed that the Google store is the issue or is it just speculation?  I am not convinced as this Google blog post says that extensions will be disabled but the Webroot one stayed enabled but just stopped working.

Also if it is the problem then it has been known this will happen since November.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Has anybody from Webroot actually confirmed that the Google store is the issue or is it just speculation?  I am not convinced as this Google blog post says that extensions will be disabled but the Webroot one stayed enabled but just stopped working.

Also if it is the problem then it has been known this will happen since November.
Hi MadeMeCry!

How are you?

Baldrick has already pinged Nic on this. I am sure he will be able to update everyone on this issue.

Giigle did make a statement in May that extensions installed that are not from their store will be disabled. You can find that on their website

So sorry for the inconvenience. Please be patient just a little while longer while Nic looks into this.

Thanks,

Beth
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It is confirmed as an issue with the latest version of Chrome.  Our dev team is working on getting this sorted out.
Userlevel 7
Cheers, Nic...many thanks for chasing this up and keepiong us up to date on this.  I do hope that they can sort the issue soon.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
It is confirmed as an issue with the latest version of Chrome.  Our dev team is working on getting this sorted out.
Thank you so much for that confirmation Nic! Extremely helpful to all of us!