Solved

No Green Checks next to websites on google/bing searches on google chrome

Show first post

68 replies

WSA version 8.0.4.115 out now.  Also Chrome extension updated and now in webstore.  Green check marks are now working but I found I needed to delete the extension in Chrome (as it still showed as insstalled by 3rd party even though updated to 1.0.0.40) and reinstall from the Chrome store (here).
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
WSA version 8.0.4.115 out now.  Also Chrome extension updated and now in webstore.  Green check marks are now working but I found I needed to delete the extension in Chrome (as it still showed as insstalled by 3rd party even though updated to 1.0.0.40) and reinstall from the Chrome store (here).
Thank you for the info!

For those who have not yet installed the web filtering extension, oit is ver 1.0.0.40.

To install the new version you need to remove the old one from Chrome. Once the non working version 1.0.039 or prior is removed, you can install it from the store.

Beth
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hello MadeMeCry! :D

Thank you so much for the information and link to Chrome extension! Appreciate your help! Have a great day!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to hear that one has been resolved.  I know a lot of people have been waiting eagerly for the extension to be available in the store.
Userlevel 2
On my computer Chrome did it automatically.  It seems to happen quite often with Chrome, is there no way that WR can get pre-info of upcoming changes from Google? 
Userlevel 7
What is really interesting is that if you go into the Store from the option under ToolsExtension, and then search using 'Webroot'  all you get is reference to the Webroot Reputation Toolbar (BrightCloud)...but NO sign of:

Webroot Filtering Extension 1.0.0.40

which is what you find when you take MadeMeCry's link.

Something not right here?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
What is really interesting is that if you go into the Store from the option under ToolsExtension, and then search using 'Webroot'  all you get is reference to the BrightCloud Reputation Toolbar...no sign of:

Regards

Baldrick
Hi!

go to your extension, click visit website. the store will say its installed. leave that window open, go to your extension, remove it.

go back to the store and then click on add/install, it will install the new version. you may have to enable it

I had already done it when I noticed WSA had an update. It works great, green checks are back!

Beth
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Great to hear that one has been resolved.  I know a lot of people have been waiting eagerly for the extension to be available in the store.
It appears that for now, you have to already have it installed by WSA or get the link from someone else who does.in order to get the updated Webroot  Filtering Extension thru the Google Chrome Store. As of right now, going to the store directly, you can not as it is not listed for some reason .

Once you have it in your Chrome extensions or  a link from someone who does, you can see it listed in the store by clicking on visit website from the extension installed on chrome. You will not find it in the store unless you follow the "visit website link" This link is the same as the link Mademecry posted and can be used if you do not have it installed. The link has to come from a chrome browser with the installed extension. The easiest way is to get the link from your own browser. Either way will work, the link from any chrome browser with the extension installed will work also.

After clicking that link youy will see this if you have the old version installed, or any version installed by WSA
If you do not, or removed it and followed the link above that came from an installed extension, you will see the next image below this one.

Assuming you see this image, leave the tab open, go to your extensions, remove the Webroot Filtering Extension

When you go back to the store tab, it will be available to add by clicking the blue button "+FREE"

Click add when prompted, go to your extension and enable if it has not been enabled already.

The green checks will now be there.:D

(The photo above shows the new version as I have that now. I had the old ver1.0.0.39. I left the store window open, removed the extension from chrome, went back to the store and the option to add was there. Clicked on add and then I also had to enable it in chrome)

Userlevel 7
@BB613 wrote:
@ wrote:
What is really interesting is that if you go into the Store from the option under ToolsExtension, and then search using 'Webroot'  all you get is reference to the BrightCloud Reputation Toolbar...no sign of:

Regards

Baldrick
Hi!

go to your extension, click visit website. the store will say its installed. leave that window open, go to your extension, remove it.

go back to the store and then click on add/install, it will install the new version. you may have to enable it

I had already done it when I noticed WSA had an update. It works great, green checks are back!

Beth

No, not correct.  That is exactly what I tried and it DID NOT work for me.  So I suspect that it will not work for everyone.

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@BB613 wrote:
@ wrote:

Regards

Baldrick
Hi!

Beth

No, not correct.  That is exactly what I tried and it DID NOT work for me.  So I suspect that it will not work for everyone.

Baldrick
Hello Baldrick this is what I have.

Userlevel 7
Have done it manually by deleting and then using the link supplied by MadeMeCry...and I suspect others will have to do the same.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@BB613 wrote:
@ wrote:

Regards

Baldrick
Hi!

Beth

Baldrick
Did you see my better explanation with images? It does work. It is correct

Perhaps my explanation without images may not have been clear, sorry. I have edited it and hope it is clear now for everyone.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Have done it manually by deleting and then using the link supplied by MadeMeCry...and I suspect others will have to do the same.
Yes, that is what I explained. The link MadeMeCry.gave is accessable from the "visit website" link that appears under the Webroot Filtering extension that was installed by WSA. It does not work. Once it is removed and installed thrun the store it works.

I had posted somewhere in a discussion about this that it shows in the store when accessing the visit website link but when going directly to the store it is not there.

I had already installed it thru the store before Mademecry posted. Following his link is the same link from the installed extension.
Userlevel 7
Sherry, the same method should work for Mac. Have you installed it from the store or do you have the new version installed from the WSA update?

Green checks?
Userlevel 7
@BB613 wrote:

Perhaps my explanation without images may not have been clear, sorry. I have edited it and hope it is clear now for everyone.
Hi Beth

I did see your illustrated explanation...but had figured it out for myself...and I repeat whilst it may work for some...it does NOT work for me...and therefore it is possible that it does not work for others.

There is nothing definitive here...and we have to consider all options/avenues.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@BB613 wrote:

Hi Beth

I did see your illustrated explanation...but had figured it out for myself...and I repeat whilst it may work for some...it does NOT work for me...and therefore it is possible that it does not work for others.

Regards

Baldrick
Exactly Baldrick and agreed.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@BB613 wrote:

Hi Beth

Regards

Baldrick
Solly,

it is the same link and without a link that came from an installed extension, as you saw, you can not get it by going to the store via get more extensions.  And yes, you can get it without the visit website link. If you notice, both are the same.

As long as you have it. My way as I have reiterated is for those who have it installed in Chrome. I have modified to include illustration for everyone either way.  :D

Userlevel 7
But, Beth

That is again my point.  I always have had it installed in Chrome (plus 3 other browsers) and HAD it installed in Chrome before and after the latest release...and the approach did not work for me.

So, the method that you have described may well work for most but does not work for ALL/is not fullproof to remedy the issue...that is all I was trying to explain and make sure that users are clear about that.

As, after all...clarity is what we are about, eh?

Regards

Baldrick