No Password Manager

• 31 January 2014
  • 12 replies

I've just install WSA and I'm having problems with the Password Manager.  I'm using Chrome, but I have the same problem with IE.  I'm running Windows 8.1.

I'm not seeing the application icon in Chrome for WSA.  I also don't see the app in IE.  When I logon to my WSA account and click on "Passwords", I just see a "blank" page.  I don't see any tabs or anything that should be there.

Mike

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi mlingenfelter

Welcome to the Community Forums.

What version of WSA do you have as the Password Manager is only available in the Complete and Interner Securiity Plus versions?

Regards

Baldrick
I'm running "Complete" 8.0.4.46.
Userlevel 7
Hi Mike

Ok, thanks for that.  The next thing is to check in each browser that you use that you can see the Webroot addons as installed and if they are that they are not disabled. If installed and disabled then attempt to manually enable them.

Further question; have set up your Web Console?

Regards

Baldrick

I've looked at the Extenstions in Chrome and I don't see WSA there.  I did go and look at IE and the Add-On for WSA was disabled and so enabled it.  It does seem to be working in IE now, but I'd rather have it working for Chrome.  Is there a way to reinstall the Exention for Chrome?

Thanks,
Mike

Userlevel 7
Hi Mike

Given what you are telling me I would recommend that you download a fresh copy of the uninstaller (I am assuming that you made an online purchase?), uninstall WSA, reboot, and then undertake a fresh install (making sure that you say 'No' to any offer from the installer to use or import previous settings).  Once that has taken place and the post install scan is complete go into each browser and you should be prompted to install/enable new addons...which should be the Webroot ones.  If you see this then accept in each case.

Post back to let us know how you get on/what the result is.

Also, if you have any other security software installed it may be a good idea to temporarily disable it whilst installing WSA (normally there should be no issue but occassionally the other app(s) can interfere with the installation process.

Regards

Baldrick
I uninstalled and reinstalled (twice), with no luck.  In Chrome I don't see any Extention for Password Manager (WSA).  In IE I I can see and click on the Application icon.  Althought when I try to login, it tells me I have and Invalid Email Address.  I double checked my email address and password for Webroot, and I'm sure it's correct.  So even though I can see the app in IE, it doesn't work either.

All the other software seems to be working, including the Online Storage & Backup.
I just got the Extention to load in Chrome.  In Chrome I clicked on "Relaunch Chrome in Windows 8 Mode".  When I did this I got a message asking to Enable the Extension and that worked.  If I switch back and forth between Desktop and Windows 8 Mode the Extention is still there.

Although, I have the same problem I have in IE.  When I try to login it says my email address is invalid.

Mike

Userlevel 7
Hello there!  I think Baldrick may be off for the night, but I am happy to continue from here.

Have you ever had any other key codes for WSA or is the one you are using now the only one you have had?
Before I bought this "Complete" License I did have one for my Andriod phone.  I see both in the list of my keys.
Userlevel 7

Lets check to see if paswords is enabled.  Log into your Account Console  Once logged in, click on your email address at the upper right and select Manage Users from the drop down.

In here, locate the profile you are trying to use.  Does it have Passwords listed for Access?  If not, Click the edit icon at the far right side of the line.  

In this window, click the Access & Permissions tab.

Check the box for Passwords and save changes.

I did check, and Passwords is listed as "Access"

I just found this link.  It appears it might be becuase I have two active software keys.  How would I get the one for my Andriod phone "removed" or "deactivated"?

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Password-Manager-Doesn-t-recognize-email-address/td-p/14968
Userlevel 7
That was my next question.  :)

Check they key code listed on the profile in the Console.  Is it the Andriod key code or the WSA-Complete key code?  If it is the Android key code, you will need to submit a Trouble Ticket.  We users cannot change a profile from one key code to another, but Webroot Support can get that straigtened out