Solved

No Sites Ratings with Firefox 39

Userlevel 6
Hi
As I say here https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Missing-webroot-tool-bar/m-p/207272#M17200 , after updating FF 38 to FF 39 , I lost Webroot Task Bar. After running the toolbarfix tool Password Manager was back , but not the sites ratings.
What can I do ?
Thanks.
Asklepios
icon

Best answer by Asklepios 8 July 2015, 16:37

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Asklepios

The toolbar relates to the Password Manager whilst the site ratings are handled by the Webroot Filtering Extension.

Open up the Addon Manager in FF and check to see if you have the Webroot Filtering Extension, and if it is present that it is enabled.

If it is not present then you could try uninstalling WSA, rebooting & doing a clean install of  WSA, to see if that reinstalls the extension. OR you can use this unofficial approach listed in the Knowledge Base which whilst it refers to Palemoon should work fine with Firefox as it relates to Mozilla-based browsers.

Please note however that you should not undertake this if you do not feel technically competent, and that this approach is NOT officially supported by Webroot.

Hope that helps some?  Do let us know how you get on/what you have decided to do.

Regards, Baldrick 
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
i have same this problem ,

i remove webroot .
install new version FF 39
when install Webroot .
but can not find Webroot Filtering Extension !!!

also can not find xpi file at WRData folder .

Userlevel 7
Well, I would try the WSA uninstall/rdoes not help then I would open a support ticket so that the Support Team can take a look.
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
I again remove webroot .
then reset system
and reinstall webroot .
now can view webroot extention filtering add on . :)
but can not view webroot password manager add on 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
I Again reopen firefox and now install webroot password manager add on .

Now All is OK . ❤️

Userlevel 7
It just goes to show that the old uninstall/clean install two step is a useful backstop. ;)
Userlevel 6
Hi
Can you explain me how I can uninstall Webroot ,
Windows programs panel or WRUupgrade tool ?
Thanks
Asklepios
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
Both are Good .

But do not forget reset after uninstall webroot .
Userlevel 7
Hi Asklepios

The uninstall/clean install two step I referred to previously is as follows:
you might try a Clean Install.  Do this by:

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Normally, the uninstall is done via the ubiquitous Control Panel applet but in the case where one finds that the option to use that is missing from the Control Panel or Start menu, and so are unale to do so that way then, some steps you can try to resolve the problem can be found in this KB Article.

Hope that is what you were looking for/this helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 6
Thanks durantash:D
Do you know if Firefox is still protected even whitout Webroot Filtering Extension present and/or enabled ?

Userlevel 6
Hi baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Both are Good .

But do not forget reset after uninstall webroot .
Personally I would not use the WRUupgrade tool.  If it is what I am thinking is being referred to then it is only for use with pre2011 versions of WSA, and will not work with version later than that.

So stick to the standard Windows Control Panel applet and as I stated previously if you cannot use that then try the guidance given in the KB Article.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 6
Hi
So I have used Windows control panel for uninstalling WSAC, then restart my PC, then install WSAC but the problem persists.
Sites are not rated on FF 39. I cannot find the Webroot filtering extension on FF 39.

But I think and I hope that I am protected if I use FF 39.

Userlevel 7
Hi Asklepios

As I said previously if this is continuing then you had best open a support ticket to let the Support Team know of the issue and hopefully they can sort something out for you.

With regard to protection the Filtering Extension does not actually protect anything physically...it just provides site classification informastion as determined by BrightCloud, i.e., it gives you the heads up as to whether a site should be safe to visit or not, etc...that is all.  The main protection comes from the WSA client installed on your system.

And by the way what you have highlighted above is related to the personal identity protection that WSA affords...just one of may protection features that are working to keep you safe.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 6
Hi Baldrick
The problem occurs only on my office PC, so I'll contact the support team only on Monday.
Thanks
Asklepios
Userlevel 7
No worries...getting hold of the Support Team would be best if you have tried everything that you have.  I am fairly sure that they will be able to help out.
Userlevel 6
Hello
Webroot support (very kind) has worked two time with me via remote connection, but they cannot solve the problem on my PC:@
It seems that it's a specific problem with FF...
So I have decided to try Google Chrome on this PC, and it's a very good surprise for me because the GUI of password manager is better designed than in IE or FF:D