no toolbar icon after chrome update

I updated Chrome from 32bit to 64 bit and the newest version of Chrome. My W has disappeared. I've restarted chrome, restarted the PC and checked my extensions. I can't get the W to come back and can't find a way to reinstall it. Ideas?

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello  and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Try reinstalling the extension
Remove toolbar from Chrome and reinstall
Can you go to this hidden area C:ProgramDataWRDataPKGlpchrome.crx and DRAG the file into the open Browser and it should install!
(Show hidden files - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files#show-hidden-files=windows-7)

If this does not helps - try is the utility to reinstall the toolbar.  Try running this: Toolbarfix.exe

I was having a problem with Firefox V 35 crashing frequently, so I performed a reset.  Now the Password Manager Extension has disappeared.  I tried downloading and running the Toolfix.exe program with the Browser closed and that did not restore it.  
Is there another way to get it back?  Do I need to re-install webroot?  

I am having the same problem in Chrome. Maybe one of us will get help! 🙂
neither solution worked in Chrome. I don't even see it as an option in the extension settings on chrome. I am using Chrome
Version 39.0.2171.99 m (64-bit)  
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Can you download this Webroot Toolbar Fix Tool and run it and if it doesn't show up try a reboot!

Password Management Toolbar Fix Tool For PC:
http://download.webroot.com/toolbarfix.exe

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
is that the same toolbarfix.exe that Petrovic posted? I ran that twice... once to uninstall and again to reinstall.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Please see here as it will fix for all 3 Support Browsers IE, Firefox & Chrome. https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/no-toolbar-icon-after-chrome-update/m-p/181983#M10560 if it doesn't work reboot after and still not there then we can look for the options.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes I see it now at the Bottom of his post. Did you try a reboot after?

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Can you tell me if you have these files here also it's hidden and use the link that Petr posted about finding hidden folders.

Thanks

No go after a computer reboot either. It does show in IE, but not Chrome. I don't have FF
I do have those files. I tried that before I tried the EXE. I rebooted my PC and still not there. It doesn't show as an option in extensions either. It does show in IE though, just not Chrome.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
No go after a computer reboot either. It does show in IE, but not Chrome. I don't have FF
Ok lets please stay in one thread! Thanks! I'm going to get you to do a clean reinstall of WSA!

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AANA-A783-DE78-C584
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Webroot doesn't show up to uninstall and when I double click the exe to install it opens the program.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry I had a busy day yesterday. Can you please Submit a Support Ticket and they will get you sorted and fixed up free of charge!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
I ended up using system restore and rolled back to the previous version of chrome. It's back now. But still doesn't show up in my programs to uninstall.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I ended up using system restore and rolled back to the previous version of chrome. It's back now. But still doesn't show up in my programs to uninstall.
Sorry but please do as I asked in my last post a Contact Support and they will be able to help you!

Thanks,

Daniel