Solved

Password invalid attempting to log on to Password Manager within web browser

• 29 October 2014
  • 56 replies

Userlevel 1
All of a sudden, within either Google Chrome or Firefox, I cannot log on to the Webroot Password manager (Icon within the browser) and thus passwords for all my sites cannot be seen. On each attempt I get the message "invalid password". The email account is not problematic.

What makes this frustrating is that the very same email and password gets me into the Webroot console (website) without any problem at all. It just seems that the password manager within a webpage does not seem to be communicating with the webroot site to give me valid access. I have uninstalled Webroot Secure Anywhere as well as Google Chrome and reinstalled fresh copies to no avail. Any hints as to what is happening? I have not changed any settings at all so it is one big mystery.

thanks!
icon

Best answer by nic 4 November 2014, 17:21

View original

56 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello bobbyrab, welcome to the Webroot Community!

Have you had a change of key code recently?  If so, that would cause this.  The Password Manager login is tied to a specific key code, so if an old key code has expired, it will to log in even though the same user/password WILL still work for the Console.

If you have recently had an old key code expire and are now using a new one, often (not always) the data from the old key code can be transferred to the new key code.  Please submit a Trouble Ticket to have Webroot Support take a look.

I hope this helps!
Userlevel 1
No keycode change at all. Nothing has changed, just the fact that I cannot log in to the password manager within Google Chrome or any other web browser~
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
No keycode change at all. Nothing has changed, just the fact that I cannot log in to the password manager within Google Chrome or any other web browser~
Thank you for the reply!

Have you tried to change/reset your password for the Console?  The Password Manager should use the exact same password as the same user ID uses for the Console, but there are different systems involved.  The Password Manager, and thus the login data for it, are on different systems than the main Console if I am correct, so changing the password to something entirely different might help.

Once you change your password for that User Account, please wait 15 or 20 minutes to try to log in.  While in theory the change should take effect right away, sometimes I have noticed a short delay when changes are made to things within the Console.

Re-installing WSA itself will not be much help as the Password Manager is a separate download/browser extension.  If you want to try removing the extension and reinstalling it to see if that will help, just run the toolbarfix.exe  It will re-intall the extentsion for all 3 supported browsers at the same time. 

If this does not work, please submit a Trouble Ticket so that Webroot Support can take a look and give a hand on this.
Userlevel 1
Thanks but nothing seems to solve the issue. I have changed and reset the password and now, when I go into the Webroot console under the "Password" tab, ALL of my site passwords are not there and I get this Webroot announcement that the software changed from version 7 to 8 in 2011 and I need to update my Webroot software! I am of course at the current version and all the other tabs in the Web console are working - backup, number of computers and mobile devices proetected, etc. Something is defintely amiss here!
Userlevel 7
It sounds like it is Trouble Ticket time to me.  Webroot Support should be able to help untangle the problem for you :)

Support is of course always FREE to those with a valid WSA key code.
Userlevel 1
Yes, I have submitted a trouble ticket about 5 hours ago. I guess they must be swamped. We shall see....

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
That is unusually long to get a reply.. make sure to watch your email and the ticket, but please DO NOT make a reply on the Ticket itself until Support has contacted you.

The Ticket system has a habit of if you post onto the Ticket again BEFORE Support contacts you, it will move your ticket to the back of the queue, assuming that you have a new/different issue.
Userlevel 1
STILL waiting for a reply from Webroot Technical support. This is not good and perhaps I need to consider going to another vendor to renew a 2015 Internet Security Suite. I have been very satisfied with the product for the past several years but this is a very uncomfortable situation for me. Here's hoping I get an official response soon! Thanks all for your suggestions.
Userlevel 7
@  Can you check on this?  It is believed he submitted a trouble ticket yesterday, but is not seeing a reply.

@  Have you logged in to see the current status of your ticket?  Do not make a reply to it, but you should be able to log into the ticket system to double check for any replies.  Also check your emal, including spam folder, to see if a reply from Support has been buried in there.

EDIT: It looks like Nic is already checking on it.  Thanks Nic!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Let me look up your ticket and see what is going on with it, and if I can get someone on it right away.  Sorry for the delay!
Userlevel 1
I just checked my contacts with Webroot support yesterday and as of now, there have been no communications from them. Thank you for your help in this. Much appreciated!
Bob
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I just checked my contacts with Webroot support yesterday and as of now, there have been no communications from them. Thank you for your help in this. Much appreciated!
Bob
I am sorry I have not been of more help, but now that we have Nic on the case it is time for me to bow out.  You are in good hands :)

Please come by any time you have a question, problem, or just want to read the Forums to learn more about WSA 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok I pinged a friend in support to take a look at your ticket when he's next free.
Userlevel 1
Thank you all for your concern. I can see that this is a great community. I just hope Webroot OFFICIAL support has the same high standards are you guys do! 

All the best,
Bob
Userlevel 4
@ wrote:
STILL waiting for a reply from Webroot Technical support. This is not good and perhaps I need to consider going to another vendor to renew a 2015 Internet Security Suite. I have been very satisfied with the product for the past several years but this is a very uncomfortable situation for me. Here's hoping I get an official response soon! Thanks all for your suggestions.
Hello bobbyrab,

Sorry for the long delay on getting a response on your ticket. Support has looked at it and sent a response per the ticket. Can you please check the status of that ticket?

Thanks,
John A.
Frontline Support Engineer
Userlevel 1
? ???? ??????????? ????????. ? ??????????? ????????? ?? ???????? ?? ??? ?????? ??? ???.

translate.google "I have a similar problem. And technical support is not responding to my emails for three days."
Userlevel 7
Evgeniy, 

Hello again!
Again, I apologize for any language barrier or bad translations, but have patience with me and we will try to work through this.
Have you had a change of key code recently? If you had a key code expire, and are now using a new key code, that would cause this. Please let me know and we will go from there.

???????????? ??? ??? !
????? ??, ? ????? ???????? ?? ????? ???????? ?????? ??? ?????? ????????? , ?? ??????? ?? ??? , ? ?? ??????????? , ????? ???????? ????? ??? .
???? ?? ? ??? ????????? ????????? ???? ? ????????? ?????? ???? ? ?????? ????? ???????? , ? ? ????????? ????? ? ?????????????? ?????? ???? ????? , ??? ?? ???????? ? ?????. ??????????, ????? ??? ?????, ? ?? ????? ???? ??????
Userlevel 1
No. Previous key. 
Userlevel 7
Have you tried to use the Password Manager in more than one browser? It is supported in Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.  If you have a second one of those installed can you check if it will allow you to log in there?

???????? ?? ?? ???????????? ???????? ??????? ????? ??? ? ????? ???????? ? ??? ?????????????? ? Internet Explorer , Chrome ? Firefox . ???? ? ??? ???? ?????? ???? ?? ???, ??????? ??????????????? ?? ?????? ?????????, ???? ?? ???????? ??? ????? ???? ?
Userlevel 1
the key is not changed
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
the key is not changed
Have you tried to use the Password Manager in more than one browser? It is supported in Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.  If you have a second one of those installed can you check if it will allow you to log in there?

???????? ?? ?? ???????????? ???????? ??????? ????? ??? ? ????? ???????? ? ??? ?????????????? ? Internet Explorer , Chrome ? Firefox . ???? ? ??? ???? ?????? ???? ?? ???, ??????? ??????????????? ?? ?????? ?????????, ???? ?? ???????? ??? ????? ???? ?
Userlevel 1

I can not even activate the tab "Passwords" in my account.
Writes "function will be activated within 15 minutes."
Runs for 15 minutes or more, but not activated.
Before the holiday was all good. The tab "Passwords" was active.
Userlevel 7
While I cannot see the picture, I know what it shows: I have seen it before.

@ Is there a problem you can see at your end, or perhaps a communication issue affecting only some accounts to the 'main' password database vendor?
Userlevel 1
I understand the reason
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I know that a few weeks ago there were some issues with password manager password changes messing things up.  Those can now be resolved by support.

I do see two keycodes registered on your email address, on expired, and one not expired, so that could be part of the problem.  Go ahead and contact support and they should be able to help.