What makes this frustrating is that the very same email and password gets me into the Webroot console (website) without any problem at all. It just seems that the password manager within a webpage does not seem to be communicating with the webroot site to give me valid access. I have uninstalled Webroot Secure Anywhere as well as Google Chrome and reinstalled fresh copies to no avail. Any hints as to what is happening? I have not changed any settings at all so it is one big mystery.
Best answer by nicView original
Overall they do have some of the best support around, but they too are human and sometimes miss the mark the first try 🙂
Sorry to hear that this has occurred...there is nothing that we can do here in the Community but I have to say that I think that this is an unfortunate 'glitch' in what is usually a stellar service provided by the Support Team.
Hopefully as Nic
It is the weekend now so I suspect that responses will be slower than usual even though the Support Team work 24/7...and just wondering if there is anything Roy
Do let us know where yo get to on this and if there is any chance in circumstances/Support do contact you shortly...and if they do not then do post back sooner rather than later.
After submitting my ticket on the 9-Nov I got a reply on 12-Nov that my password was linked to one of my old keycodes and that I should back up my passwords and let them know when it was done. In the meantime they would add days to my old keycode so I could still use my password. I did this and let them know on the 16-Nov.
Then today I get the same message that my account has been deactivated
May I ask you to have patience re.this unfortunate matter...it is the weekend and whilst the Support Team work 24/7 they may respond in less than their usual quick time as a result...but hopefully the issue will be on the road to resolution next week.
Sorry to hear about that. I am assuming that you have checked that this is not related to an old account/keycode, if yo? had one, or that if related to your current one that the subscription period has not lapsed?
Either way your best course of action would be to Open a Support Ticket as soon as possible so that the Support Team can check the back office systems (as we volunteers have no access to that).
If you find that for any reason you are not getting a response (very unlikely but does happen very occassionally) then post back and we will see what we can do to faciltate progress for you.
Hope that helpss in some small measure?
I wouldl like to make sure I understand EXACTLY the behavior here, especially as you mention that your copy may be a Best Buy Subscription Software version. (The Best Buy Subscription is an Internet Security product, but you have posted this in the WSA-Complete forum. Best Buy DOES also sell the Complete version as well... which makes things confusing LOL! )
Lets make sure I know exactly what version we are dealing with here before we proceed... it does make a difference in how we handle things.
I am having this same problem, kind of.
I cannot log into the Password Management toolbar on any browser. This includes IE, Chrome, and Firefox.
I keep getting an invalid password prompt, but I can log into the web and desktop consoles.
The only difference is that all of my passwords show up in my password management tab on the SecureAnywhere page.
I had reset my password, haven't gotten a new key, and still have over 200 days on my subscription.
Please fix this soon! I will create a tab if I need to.
The Password Manager is one of my favorite things about Webroot/Geek Squad.
Any time you have a question or problem, please do drop back in, ,we are always glad to help when we can!
I hate to see you are still having problems. I do know that the type of problem you have is really quite rare. Not being in Support myself, I do not know what they have looked at, etc on it, but generally speaking the rare problems can be the hardest to fix.