Solved

password manager

• 19 February 2017
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 2
I don't have the Webroot password manager icon in either Explorer or Chrome. I looked at Chrome's extensions and the webroot extension is not listed. Any suggestion on how I can fix this problem is highly appreciated. 
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 29 October 2017, 01:10

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Greetings @ and welcome to our Community!!

Please try downloading and running our Toolbar Fix.
This almost always solves the issue of not having the toolbar in your Browser.
http://download.webroot.com/toolbarfix.exe

Let us know what the result is:cathappy:
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hello @

Google Chrome Extension
Webroot Password Manager:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-password-manager/ngkhgikojglcgnckopipfdajaifmmnnc

Webroot Filtering Extension:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/kjeghcllfecehndceplomkocgfbklffd
Userlevel 2
Hi @greenebola,

Thank you so much for the link. I was able to add the Password Manager extension to Chrome. For some reason I did not see it in Explorer 11, but it is in Chrome at least.

Best Regards. 
Userlevel 2
Hi,

The issue I had was related to the Password manager extension, not the Webroot toolbar (no issue with this one). But I thank you for reaching out and trying to help.

Sincerely,

sassydayse.
Userlevel 7
Hi sassydayse

The Webroot Toolbar and the Password Manager extension are one and the same...and usually if it is missing from IE then very often the Toolbarfix utility sorts it out.

Assuming that you have checked under IE addons that the extension is installed/enabled, then the other way to do so is to undertake an uninstall/clean reinstall as follows if you would like to try:

Please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
 And now open your browsers to check if the toolbar/extension is installed/enabled, etc.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Hi Baldrick,

Thanks for your feedback. I MS Edge and not IE 11 as I mentioned before. I will try it tonight and get back to you with the results.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi Baldrick,

Thanks for your feedback. I MS Edge and not IE 11 as I mentioned before. I will try it tonight and get back to you with the results.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Daniel
Hi sassydayse

Apologies...as you mentioned IE 11 in one of your later posts I worked on the basis that you used that also.

There is currently no Webroot Extensions for Edge...but we are hoping for them soon so keep watching in the Community as I am sure they should be about soon...most likely in beta first with our beta team.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
MS Edge is not supported at this time and it's because of MS, hopefully they will very soon! This is it for now!

Userlevel 2
Baldrick,

Thanks for letting me know. I will wait until Webroot makes the app compatible with Edge. Meanwhile, I will use the app at Chrome.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@ wrote:
@ @,

Thank you so much for the link. I was able to add the Password Manager extension to Chrome. For some reason I did not see it in Explorer 11, but it is in Chrome at least.

Best Regards. 
I'm glad I could help. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Baldrick,

Thanks for letting me know. I will wait until Webroot makes the app compatible with Edge. Meanwhile, I will use the app at Chrome.

Thanks
It's not Webroot but Microsoft so hopefully they will allow more Extensions for Edge soon.
Userlevel 2
Got it. Thanks for clarifying.
The password manager link is broken (404) and the Google Chrome webstore only lists one product from Webroot, the reputation toolbar. How I am supposed add the extension for the password manaager?
Hello tab,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

I too have this issue. I suggest that you submit a support ticket and let Webroot Support address this.

HTH,
BD