Password manager

• 12 December 2013
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
This morning when I logged on I noticed a Webroot password extension had been added to my Firefox v.25
As I have been using Roboform for several years and have been completely satisfied with it I have never been tempted to switch to another brand. However, if this is now a natural element of WSA complete at no extra charge I might consider it instead of paying to continue with roboform. Is anyone familiar with the format and function of Roboform? I like the interface and of course, that is what I am used to, so I am baffled at the WSA password interface. First: is there a way to transfer all my logins and passwords from Roboform to WSA Password? If not, I have little interest in trying to manually type in hundreds of logins and passwords in order to transfer information. Also,with roboform I can simply click on "logins" and I get a nested listing of the hundreds of logins I have generated for the last several years. To my knowledge I havent seen any such ability with WSA Password. If I have to login to WSA online in order to see my logins that is completely unacceptable. I prefere my password manager to be seamlessly integrated with my browser as Roboform is. Please let me know if I have completely misunderstood how this works. I don't see any instructions or available tutorials for the Password manager giving info on how it works. Thanks for your patience with this long post.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi KentWarren

And welcome to the Community Forums...happy to have you here. :D

I will do my best to answer your questions;

First: is there a way to transfer all my logins and passwords from Roboform to WSA Password?     

YES, Roboform is listed as a known source in the Import Data fucntion of the Password Manager

Also,with roboform I can simply click on "logins" and I get a nested listing of the hundreds of logins I have generated for the last several years. To my knowledge I havent seen any such ability with WSA Password.

YOU ARE CORRECT, you can get a list of the Recently Used sites, and the Favorite (that the user defines as such) sites, from the browser addon (by clicking it) and you can get a full, alphabetically sorted list when you go online to your Webroot account and manage passwords from there...but no nested listing as such. 

If I have to login to WSA online in order to see my logins that is completely unacceptable. I prefere my password manager to be seamlessly integrated with my browser as Roboform is.

AS STATED ABOVE.

Please let me know if I have completely misunderstood how this works.

I believe that you have basically spotted the differences between RoboForm & WSA Password Manager, that matter to you.

I don't see any instructions or available tutorials for the Password manager giving info on how it works.

If you click on the 'Learn More' button, under the 'Manage Passwords' button under the Password Manager tab in the main GUI, you are taken to a web page with some information about the feature...but the main info on it is in the video you can play there.  Apologies if I am stating something that you already know/have seen. :$

Thanks for your patience with this long post.

No problem at all.  We are here to help you get the best out of WSA...if we can.

Let us know what you decide on in terms of password management, and if you feel that there are improvements that can be made to this area of WSA why not click on the Ideas Exchange (see top of web page) and suggest one or more features which can then be considered, commented & voted on by the Community members...and the developers are watching. ;)

HTH?

Regards

Baldrick