Solved

Password Manager Does Not Work with Google Chrome

I have Webroot Complete and the Password Manager does not work with Chrome. Webroot Tech Support could not fix the problem. Does anyone have any ideas to solve this problem? 
Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 21 June 2014, 16:39

View original

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi bquillin

Welcome to the Community Forums...http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_welcometoourclan.gifhttp://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_welcometoourclan.gifhttp://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_welcometoourclan.gifhttp://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_welcometoourclan.gif

When you say does not work do you mean that the PM icon does not appear in the top right of the apps shortcut bar (if the PM toolbar is properly installed you should see a grey circle/button with a 'W' in it, which turns to green when one has logged into the PM)?

If that is the case then best first check to see if the PM is installed...do this via the Chrome Extensions option (which I assume you know how to use), and if installed make sure it is enabled before checking for the app in the shortcut bar.

If that does not resolve the issue or allow you access to the PM app then try to fix this by using the PM Toolbar fix utility which you can download from here.  Run that and follow the instructions presented and see if after that you get the app icon displayed.

Please post back and let us know whether that works for you or not.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Welcome to the Community Forum bquillin! 🙂 have you checked your online console? Have you tried uninstalling Webroot and what version do you have? Chrome version and Webroot version? Hopefully @ or @ or @ can address this further. Anyone available for this issue?
Did that personally and tech support did that, but did not work.
PM does not show in toolbar at all. Works fine in Firefox. Chrome extensions does not even list as option Toolbar fix did not help. Thanks
Userlevel 7
OK, if you are comfortable with ferreting about in the Webroot installation folders then you can try draging and dropping the following file:

lpchrome.crx

into an open Chrome browser panel and following the install instructions that Chrome should respond with.  You should be able to find the file in the following path:

C:ProgramDataWRDataPKG

Try that and see if that helps.  Post back to let us know how you are getting on.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hello there, Welcome to the Community!

To add onto what Baldrick has said:

I see above you think that the toolbarfix utility has been run, but that does not sound like you are postive about it.  If the above suggestions from Baldrick do not help, please go ahead and run the toolbarfix.exe.

If this still does not work... read on.

Chrome has a built in security system in which any extension that has been removed is autotically BLOCKED from being added again.  This is both good and bad.  Good in that if there is an annoying or malicious extension and you remove it manually, it will be blocked from returning.  This is bad in that if a desired extension, like the Password Manager, is incorrectly or manually removed, Chrome will outright refuse to allow it to be re-installed.

I have had this happen to me, as have a few others, but there are ways around it.  If you have tried every other possible solution to no avail, than a clean reinstall of Chrome will usually work.  Do this:

• BACKUP your bookmarks if you have not done so (Many Chrome users keep logged into the Google Account, so they may already be backed up.
  • Uninstall Chrome
  • Reboot
  • Reinstall Chrome from a fresh download
  • Reboot
  • Open Chrome
  • Watch for popups requesting you allow the extensions.  If you do not see them, so into the extension settings and see if they are there: they may simply need to be enabled at this point.
  • Recover your bookmarks
Again, please let us know how you are getting along on this, and also let us know what needed to be done to fix this  We always like to know as it helps us become better and more efficient at helping others!
You fixed it! Thank you so very much!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Great job @ and@DavidP1970...
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
You fixed it! Thank you so very much!!!
You are most welcome, glad we have it back to working for you 🙂
I have not seen so many complaints about your product.I have tried them all and none of the forums are this bad.~ snip Removed possibly Offensive words snip ~
Userlevel 7
Hi scubasit

Sorry...but you point is...what precisely?  Care to be a little more explicit so that we can see if we can assist you...assuming that you actually need assistance and are not here for any other reason?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
If you cannot provide constructive criticism, you will be reported.  Users are of course encouraged to post complaints about things not working, but your post, quite frankly accoplishes nothing and is considered to be in violation of Community Guidelines.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello DavidP 1970,

I appreciate you replying to such a unreasonable nasty remark from that post! Happy to know those guidelines are in effect for this!

Thank You! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
People online think they can do or say anything they want behind a computer mostly Trolls!

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well TH we must have a TROLL! 😉
Userlevel 7
Well, since he logged off manually right after the post (5 minutes after the post he was marked offline), he had no interest in help, or providing constructive feedback/complaint, he appears to have been interested only in whqt he accomplished...violating the Communitu Guidelines.  As such, je is reported.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
TH stands for Triple Helix & Troll Hunter! ROFL And David is the Spaminator!!!

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Really? Oops! Okay I can handle that! 😉 🙂 So ...and now I'm ROFL that David is the Spaminator! He's not going to like that! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yea I know there's not much work for him to do lately! LOL

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Really? Oops! Okay I can handle that! 😉 🙂 So ...and now I'm ROFL that David is the Spaminator! He's not going to like that! ;)
Actually, I named myself the Spaminator !

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes it's been pretty quiet here today and that goofy post woke some of us up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Really David that is too funny because I believe it! You really are! You were right online shortly after that was posted and you weren't fooling around... 😉
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Really David that is too funny because I believe it! You really are! You were right online shortly after that was posted and you weren't fooling around... ;)
He made the error of Trolling on a slow quiet day.  I had nothing else that needed doing so I was more apt to report quickly LOL!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes that worked out Great!
I'm sorry I was a little rude on my  post but I was getting aggravated trying to fix a few things on this software. I have had to tweak a few things from the GUI in the advance settings