Solved

Password Manager not available for chrome

• 17 October 2017
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
The password manager extension is not available chrome, so it is not installed.
I tried to uninstall/install WSA, Toolbarfix and manually add lpchrome.crx.  All attempts failed!

I installed it before:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-password-manager/ngkhgikojglcgnckopipfdajaifmmnnc
This isinteresting Error 404 

How do I add a Webroot Password Manager extension for Chrome?
icon

Best answer by GreenEbola 8 November 2017, 17:24

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ @ @ @ do you have a new link to install the Password Manager from the Google Store?
@ wrote:
@ @ @ do you have a new link to install the Password Manager from the Google Store?
Yes. I get the same 404 error, too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
That would be very good. I reinstalled it today Windows 8 Pro, installed wsa.
I noticed that extension is not available. :(

I use different passwords, fortunately i looked at the internet console, wrote for support. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Thanks for the heads up. Josh is looking into it with our support team now. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@ wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. Josh is looking into it with our support team now. 
Good to read this. I hope the problem will soon be resolved.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello All, 
Thanks for reporting on this issue, we are looking into it and i will send an update to this group as we learn more. 

Thanks
Pawani

Userlevel 2
Have you checked your Extensions to see if the WPM is enabled?

Although it installed using the toolbar fix, I had to manually enable the extension on occassions. 
Userlevel 7
Yep, having the same problem here on the Mac Computer with Chrome. I did a uninstall / reinstall a number of times. Safari and Firefox I have both WSA's extensions (Filtering and Password Manager). I only get the Filtering extension in Chrome, Missing the Password Manager. Support Ticket is in. ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Writen by Webroot Support Team 

"Thank you for bringing the issue you are experiencing to our attention. The Webroot Development team has been notified of this issue and is currently working on a resolution. This issue is related to the infrastructure that Webroot uses and is not related to the program on your computer nor the computer itself. 

Once a fix is deployed, the issue you reported should be resolved. No change to your system is necessary. 

Should you have additional questions, please send us a reply in the "Send another message:" section of this page. 

Regards, 
The Webroot Support Team"

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hey Guys...

Besides saying "Not Available," when I try to log in... It says "account has been deactivated!"

Hope this helps.

Wigmon
Lexington, KY
Userlevel 7
@, I've resolved the issue with your account on the back-end. You will no longer see that message.
Wow I really wish I had come to these community forums hours ago! I am a new Webroot Complete subscriber and was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why in the world the Password Manager extension for Chrome was not installing.

I can relax a little now knowing that it has been acknowledged. Is there any sort of timeframe? Thanks and glad to be a part of the community!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Is there any sort of timeframe? 
Hello Sophawn, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
Webroot is working on the problem. No time frame yet.
Userlevel 1
Hi Everyone,

Is there an ETA on the fix for this? 

I have a work-around where I manually install the extension that is working on my current computer to my new computer.  However, Chrome flags it as potentially unsecure or a corrupt extension because it's in Developer Mode.  This is a problem since it's a Password Manager and needs to be secure in the first place. 

I really need this up and running for the work I do in the mortgage industry and I’m sure many others need it working as well. 

It’s an extremely great tool and password manager compared to others I’ve used.  Any help expediting in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Sam
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
@ I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. Our team is aware and is working on this. We are looking into it and i will update you once we have a resolution. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
The Password Manager is available again. ;)
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-password-manager/ngkhgikojglcgnckopipfdajaifmmnnc

Thanx Thanx!  

Userlevel 1
THANK YOU!!! I'm very much appreciative of the Webroot team getting this fixed.  Made my day 10x better.  I've tested and its working perfect.

Thanks again,

Sam
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Happy to hear it @ ! I'll share this with the product team. They love making someones day 10x better!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks Drew!

All, 
Appreciate your patience while we were working on the fix and so glad that it works for you and actually makes a diference. 

Thanks
Pawani

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
You bet @! Nothing like providing positive customer feedback. It's absolutely fantastic!  
Userlevel 1
Badge +8
Thank you!!