password manager not installing on firefox

• 27 August 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +3
I've tried the traditional fix- re-install (has previously worked when this has happened before). However now it successfully installs on IE & Chrome but not on my favourite browser, Firefox!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

There is a problem currently with the 3.1.1 version of the Password Manager, and Webroot is very aware of it, and working to fix it.  It gets complicated in that the Password Manager is licensed from LastPass... so Webroot and LastPass must work together to figure out the issue, and THEN work with Mozilla as well to get the corrected version signed and allowed for FireFox.

I expect it will not be much longer before things are corrected, but until then there are a few options.

IE and Chrome both work just fine.  The issue is ONLY with FireFox.

If you have automatic update of add-ons enabled, you will want this turned OFF.
Some users have been able to go back to the previous version of the Password Manager.  If you have automatic update of add-ons enabled, you will want this turn off.  You can try either use of the toolbarfix.exe utility, or a clean re-install of WSA.  As soon as you do either of these, check the version of the Password Manager.

These methods have not worked for everyone, though most likely due to not disabling automatic updating of add-ons in Firefox is my guess. Here is a reply that details how one user did get back to the working 2.5 version, and it is working fine.

Edited" This write up was from ?

I hope this helps, and it should not be all that much longer before things are fixed and back to normal.

Kind Regards,