Solved

Password manager not working properly

• 6 July 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi all,
I'm new here, just switched over to webroot for all my security needs. I'm quite happy with the performance of the package, however the password manager....
- won't open sites when I click on the site name (even though when I hover over the name it says "Visit site url shown") in the WSA online console Passwords section, although it does work from the extension. This happens with both exported passwords and newly created sites.
- generator won't copy or use the newly generated password (I'm on chrome)
Also, it took me a while and several log in-and-out atempts before sites I added on the online console appear on the extension.
Maybe also useful to note setting up WSA was the first thing I did after installing chrome on a new laptop, and these behavious are the same for different users I created for my 5 device license.
Any help will be greatly appreciated! I really want to like WSA and make the most out of it.
Cheers!
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 6 July 2017, 03:02

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello rtfabs, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D

Please try a Clean Uninstall / Reinstall of WSA:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? If not then Please Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort your issue!