Solved

PASSWORD MGR ERROR: "an error occurred while attempting to contact the server"

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Hello Members:

I have requested 8X to Support to resolve this issue since Jan 10, 2019

Are others still experiencing this same issue?

Thank you in advance for a prompt response.

~ Alan
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 28 January 2019, 13:01

Hello Alan,

Sorry for error Password Manager is giving you. Password Manager has been broke for many months now. Webroot is still working on the problem and has said it would be fixed this month or next (February). Webroot's Password Manager ran on the old software of LastPass. It will be upgraded to the new software of LastPass when fixed.

https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-internet-security-plus-13/firefox-password-manager-toolbar-no-longer-works-314740

HTH,
Dave.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Alan,

Sorry for error Password Manager is giving you. Password Manager has been broke for many months now. Webroot is still working on the problem and has said it would be fixed this month or next (February). Webroot's Password Manager ran on the old software of LastPass. It will be upgraded to the new software of LastPass when fixed.

https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-internet-security-plus-13/firefox-password-manager-toolbar-no-longer-works-314740

HTH,
Dave.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
abrandt wrote:

Hello Members:

I have requested 8X to Support to resolve this issue since Jan 10, 2019

Are others still experiencing this same issue?

Thank you in advance for a prompt response.

~ Alan

Greetings Alan, did anyone from Webroot besides Dave, bother to even respond to your 8 inquires about Password Manager error or were you completely ignored by those in charge of Webroot ?
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
Today 2-12-2019 i tried opening my password manager icon on my browser, where i have all my passwords are saved. and it will not open at all. keeps telling me that its unable to connect to the server. so i tried to login in online to see my passwords and it tell me "login attempt failure" reason=ajaxerror. what the heck is going on??? i am using firefox 61.0.2, unable to update Firefox because this is the only one that will or use to work for the password manager. when it this gonna be fixed??? i just renewed my webroot. Come on guys you really need to get this together. last i read there was suppose to be a fix to this in january 2019 or feb 2019. can you give all of us here some feedback, instead of not answering the comments other webroot users are asking about the Password Manager.

thank you
Badge +1
Sccribbles, your issues are identical to mine. I'd been having issues off and on the last few months, but as of the 14th it quit working altogether, and I can't access my passwords through the consol online. Ajaxerror or a timeout every time. It's the whole reason I came to this forum to see if others were having the same issue. I can't decide if I am glad or disappointed to find so many dealing with this. heh

I'm sure hoping the new Password Manager is right around the corner and not being further pushed off.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings