Password Vault

Userlevel 1
Badge +8
how come my password vault won't work with my capital one credit card accounts? The green w appears in username/password but it won't pre-fill.

I figured it's cause Cap One has somehow prevented this but not sure.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Good question... I am not sure LOL.  I am paying more attention to thinking about your problem and how to fix it than bothering with my own typing I think 🙂
Userlevel 1
Badge +8
@ wrote:
Did you follow the steps 2-4 that I listed to help check for duplicate entries also?  You did not mention if you did or not.

Remember to check to see if the Password Manager is trying to trigger (the green W in the login form fields) AFTER deleting the known PM listing AND restarting the browser.  
yes, absolutely i did 2-4. i do not have multiple sites. after deleting the record and bringing up a fresh login page i had no green "w's ", none. only after making a new record did they appear again.

btw
why do you keep calling them "M" like Mike. It is the webroot symbol, a little green circle with a W in it. Just curious....;)

Userlevel 1
Badge +8
David

Thanks for caring. I give up. I did everything you said. Brought ip the login page with NO green w's.
Set up a new record.  Again I have the same result, green w's but no password and user name. I give up.
Can't even open a ticket because after I input my password and click continue, nothing happens???

Thanks for caring.
Userlevel 7
Did you follow the steps 2-4 that I listed to help check for duplicate entries also?  You did not mention if you did or not.

Remember to check to see if the Password Manager is trying to trigger (the green W in the login form fields) AFTER deleting the known PM listing AND restarting the browser.  
Userlevel 1
Badge +8
@ wrote:
One thing you can try:

1. DELETE the record for the problem site from the Password Manager.
  2. Restart your browser
  3. Go back to the problem site, and see if you STILL get the Green W in the boxes for Username and Password.  (If you do.. then there is indeed another entry for that site somewhere in the Password Manager.  Locate it and delete it.)  
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the Password Manager does not show that Green M within the Username and Password boxes of the problem site you are using, indicating it has NO information about that site at all.  
  5. Create a NEW Password Manager entry for that web site.  Hopefully, Password Manager will automatically offer to save that site for you now that it has been removed entirely in steps 1-4.

It didn't work, heres what I did;

1. Deleted the WR record
2. Open new browser Navigated to cap one login and copied the link
3. Navigated to cap one login and copied the link
4. In Vault added a site, pasted the link, input the pw and user name, auto login
5. The green w's came up as always and as always no user name or password was filled in. No ribbon at top. Same result as always.

Userlevel 7
One can tell is one has multiple records for a site, and that is by checking for the black sub toolbar that comes up under the main browser toolbar (especially prevalent in Chrome) and says something like, on the left hand side, like "Simplify your life..." and on the right hand side one would have 'Autofill' or 'Autologin' with a numeric in brackets thereafter...which is the number of logins matching the site 

OR

if you click on the toolbar icon for the Password Manager and look to the right of the 'Show matching sites' option you should see a red numeric (in Chrome certainly) equating to the number of matching sites. If you click on the option you will get a list of all the entries that match and if you right click an entry you will get the option, amongst other actions, to delete the entry.

Simple to check for an maintain or get ride of inadvertent duplicates as and when yo come across them.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
No, I do not think so.  If the Webroot M is showing up in the fields for Useraname and Password on their site, the Password Manager IS seeing it correctly... it just does not know what to DO with it due to either multiple records, or a single corrupt record.  Your comment about trying to redo it several times over the years makes me think more and more there are multiple records.

I am, while not the smartest person around here, or the most knowledgeable, pretty good with the software, and the Password Manager... yet I still end up with duplicate items when adding new pages here and there.  So I also know EXACTLY what you mean by the green M showing up, but the fields not filling in correctly either.   :)

It is worth a shot at... if that fixes it, great!  If not.. as you said, you have lived with the issue for years anyway so it is no biggie :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +8
David

Thanks for caring. This has been going on for years. I have re-done the cap one password in the vault numerous times. I think it's as simple as Cap One has a superior security system and Webroot hasn"t defeated it yet. N biggee
Userlevel 1
Badge +8
tried pasting a screenshot but couldn't get it to paste, even put into word doc tried pastin that as well, no luck
Userlevel 7
One thing you can try:

1. DELETE the record for the problem site from the Password Manager.
  2. Restart your browser
  3. Go back to the problem site, and see if you STILL get the Green W in the boxes for Username and Password.  (If you do.. then there is indeed another entry for that site somewhere in the Password Manager.  Locate it and delete it.)  
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the Password Manager does not show that Green M within the Username and Password boxes of the problem site you are using, indicating it has NO information about that site at all.  
  5. Create a NEW Password Manager entry for that web site.  Hopefully, Password Manager will automatically offer to save that site for you now that it has been removed entirely in steps 1-4.
Userlevel 7
Do you possibly have two different username/password sets within Password manager for Capital one?  Maybe an old one and a new one or anything like that?

Userlevel 1
Badge +8
@ wrote:
Hello cliffm, welcome to the Community!

You say that the green M appears, but it will not fill out the information?  When that happens, look up towards the top of the browser at the right hand side.  See if there is a button labeled "Autofill" there.  If so.. click it.  

I think all that is happening is that the Password entry for that site was not marked to automatically fill in, OR you might have two different username/passwords for that site (Such as a husband and wife might have). 

Once you click Autofill, it will drop down a list of available saved Passwords for that site.  Just click the right one, and it will fill it in for you.

Give it a try and let me know!

So I just tried it. Not sure why you put freen "m" appears but the green "w" appears but no username, password filled in. And No ribbon at top asking me to proceed with auto fill/login or??. I have it set to auto fill. Ogh well...thx

Userlevel 7
See my previous reply.  I MIGHT know what is going on, and we can fix it if I am 🙂
Userlevel 1
Badge +8
So this is turning into a hassle. I clicked on the support link you provided. entered my email which brought me to the password screen. entered my password (my webroot pw, not forum pw) and nothing, absolutely nothing happened. Made sure cookies are enabled. So...that was a waste of time. I've been living with the issue forever, its no buiggee. Guess I'll continue living with manually entering my pw for cap one ;)

Userlevel 7
Hello cliffm, welcome to the Community!

You say that the green M appears, but it will not fill out the information?  When that happens, look up towards the top of the browser at the right hand side.  See if there is a button labeled "Autofill" there.  If so.. click it.  

I think all that is happening is that the Password entry for that site was not marked to automatically fill in, OR you might have two different username/passwords for that site (Such as a husband and wife might have). 

Once you click Autofill, it will drop down a list of available saved Passwords for that site.  Just click the right one, and it will fill it in for you.

Give it a try and let me know!
Userlevel 1
Badge +8
i've been using ie. now ie10. never has worked with capital one. guess i'll fill a ticket out but it's not terribly important to me 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Are you using Firefox by chance? There are know issues with FF and Webroot is working on a fix.

Please try another browser such as IE or Chrome and see if the Password Vault will work there?

Edit: If this continues to be a problem then you can submit a Support Ticket and they cancheck this out for you!

Kind Regards,