Solved

passwords and new keycode

• 18 February 2013
  • 24 replies

I activated a new keycode about a week ago, but now, if I try to get to my passwords, it says that my keycode is expired. I can't figure out how to get the password management to recognize the new keycode.
icon

Best answer by JP_ 16 January 2017, 18:23

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello mshingler and welcome to the forums!

The email address used to log into passwords becomes associated with a specific key code: if that key code expires that user account no longer works.  Either a Webroot Mod can fix this or you can Submit a Trouble Ticket .  The fix is pretty simple, but we end users cannot do it by ourselves: moving the user account from the old key code to the new key code.
Userlevel 7
Your keycode is now properly associated. Did you end up opening a support ticket? All of your machines are using the correct keycode and your online account is properly associated. Please make sure that you are logging into the account with the Gmail address as the username.
Yes. Ended up onening a ticket and all is working now. Thanks.
I have the same problem. After reading your message, I tried both e-mailing and calling tech support. Unfortunately, the first level doesn't seem to understand the problem or how to fix it. Do you have a method of reaching the second level of support.
I got my issue resolved by just opening a support ticket. I think it took about half a day and it was fixed.
Userlevel 7
Doris, I think there's some miscommunication occurring.  It sounds like you probably have a new keycode, and you need the old passwords account moved over to it.  Could you please private message me your new keycode?  I'll move it over for you.  You have our apologies for any confusion in the support case.
Userlevel 7
Doris, I've moved the account over for you. You should be all set. 🙂 Sorry for any confusion.
I'm having the same exact issue, I opened a couple of Support Tickets but only received a response to "add your new keycode to your console" which was the very first thing I did prior to trying anything else. Whatever needs to happen behind the scenes isn't happening, and my new keycode is not being linked to the passwords account. What can I do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I'm having the same exact issue, I opened a couple of Support Tickets but only received a response to "add your new keycode to your console" which was the very first thing I did prior to trying anything else. Whatever needs to happen behind the scenes isn't happening, and my new keycode is not being linked to the passwords account. What can I do?
Hello AnnaB,

Welcome to the Community!:D

Maybe our Webroot Moderator like @  can look into this or you can Submit a Trouble Ticket .
This happens with some frequency, as if a user was to purchase a new key code instead of renewing the exising one.

Do not wait too long before submitting the ticket: there is a limited time of around 2 weeks after a key code expires before the Pasword Manager data becomes unavailable for transfer: you would, in that case, simply need to re-enter all of the data.

I'm sorry for the inconviences but I think thats the only way is to contact support to link your new keycode to your new keycode.

Please let us know if this was fixed or not so that we can help others.
Best Regards
Thank you Sherry! I did Submit several Trouble Tickets, but so far no luck. I really want to get this taken care of ASAP, before the 2-week timeframe that you mentioned, I'm halfway there now. Please advise on what I can do to get my Trouble Tickets over to the proper party. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi AnnaB,

Are you a BestBuy Customer or Webroot Customer? Sorry I didn't ask that question/

Thanks,

Webroot
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Webroot
Thank you AnnaB,

Well I've already pinged our Community Manager so lets hope he can check the back end of this issue in the morning. Also another idea is to contact Webroot here. 

I'm so sorry you are having this inconvience but I'm sure we can get this resolved soon. Hopefully inn your favor.

If I were you I'd try to call Support and see if they can resolve this or at least esculate it.

Please be abit more patient and we will get the ball rollinng!

Thanks, Anna

They just fixed this and it's now working, thank you very much!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
They just fixed this and it's now working, thank you very much!
Hi AnnaB,:D

Thank you so much for letting us know that Support fixed your issue. This will help others as well!!

Best Regards,
Userlevel 1
hello could you also move my account over to my new keycode so that my password manager works

Hi kb3kwy,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

To do this you will need to contact Webroot Support. Please give them your old and new keycode in the support ticket.

Thanks,
BD
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
hello could you also move my account over to my new keycode so that my password manager works

I've moved your account over to your current keycode, so you should have no issues now using the Password Manager for another 62 days until the subscription expires on 11/29/2016.

Please let me know if you need assistance with anything else! :catlol:

Userlevel 1
wow you guys are the best thanks so much for the fast response
Userlevel 7
You're welcome!!! My pleasure 🙂
Userlevel 1
fastest help ever everything works great now this is why i recommend webroot to all my co workers and friends. problems are rare but when they happen we have an entire community to help us out fast. thanks again
Userlevel 1
you helped last year with the same problem hello could you also move my account over to my new keycode so that my password manager works thanks again
Userlevel 7
Hello kb3kwy,

You can submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to move your Password Manager. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription. Support Ticket System is Open 24/7. I'll also ping @ who helped you before but remember this is the weekend, it maybe Monday or Tuesday before you hear from JP.

HTH,
Dave.;)
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
you helped last year with the same problem hello could you also move my account over to my new keycode so that my password manager works thanks again
Thanks, Dave:catwink:

Absolutely, @.

I've moved over your account to your new keycode so your Passwords will be working once again.

Please feel free to let me know if I can help with anything else:cathappy: