Passwords console page is blank

• 10 September 2014
  • 15 replies

Hello,

In the web console, when I click Passwords, the sites, passwords, etc. are not shown; in fact the page remains blank, exceptng the menu.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi MihaiCazac

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Have you tried to log in to Webroot toolbar, or does it come back with the error "Unknown email", whilst the same email works prefectly logging into the Web console.

I am guessing that this is the case and that when you then go to the Passwords the page is blank below the tab line?

Do let us know as I suspect that your MyWebroot Account is actually connected to an incorrect subscription and your Complete keycode needs to be connected to it.

Awaiting your feedback on the above.

Regards, Baldrick
Thank you,  Baldrick

Sorry, I do not fully understand what means "your account is actually connected to an incorrect subscription"

In "web console"  if I go to "Manage kecodes" I see my kaycode and days remaining:245

> Have you tried to log in to Webroot toolbar, or does it come back with the error "Unknown email", whilst the same email works prefectly logging into the Web console.

I cannot log in Webroot toolbar, I get  "Invalid password"; I have opened another topic with that. I have read the similar topics, but get no clue on what to do.

All this happened after I've changed de Webroot Passord; I have added all my sites to the password manager, check them to work properly,changed passwords with generated ones,  deleted all of them from Chrome , and finaly, after everything seemed to work perfectly, I've changed the webroot password! That was fatal! Everything disappeared!  No I have to enter every password manualy! (I was wise enough to keep then in text file, "just for case", and the "case" arised very quick)
No help from tech support, either. 

Userlevel 7
Hi MihaiCazac

Have you tried resetting your password as follows:

and then

and then trying the Webroot Toolbar again?

If that does not work the only other thing that I can wonder at is whether you have 'renewed' your subscription by purchase a new keycode rather than adding time to your existing one?

Regards, Baldrick
Hello, 

Thank you, Baldrick, for your message.
I can login in web console, but I cannot see my passwords.
If I try to login in the WebrootPasswordManager i get "Invalid password"
My keycode is OK, I have now 244 days left

I changed again my password, but had no luck, everything  works as described above (i.e. doesn't work)
It's a shame, I put all my passwords here,  in Webroot, deleted them from the browser, and I finished having one sole password, Webroot's password. The rest are gone! and no way to remember them because I used "generated passwords". This is a service that I've payed for, and does not work!
Userlevel 7
Hi MihaiCazac

I think that at this point you should Open a Support Ticket, referencing this thread, so that the Support Team can check on what is configured for you in the back office systems (which we in the Community do not have access to). There is obviously something wrong in there.

Regards, Baldrick'
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
This is a known issue that the dev team is working on getting resolved.  Until it is fixed, you can still use the password toolbar.  Sorry for the inconvenience and I'll let you guys know when it is fixed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok I got an update - this should be fixed, so please contact support if you're still having an issue.
Thank you for your help, Baldrick, is nice to see someone who wants to help.  I've opened a support ticket, sunday., bu t I had a lot of work to do,  so that's why I answered so late.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Further update - this isn't fixed for everyone.  I'll let you guys know when I have more info.
Thank you, nic.

I've just entered in my web console, and the issue remains; no sites,  no fill forms profiles

I will open another ticket. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah apparently we thought we had the issue licked, but it only fixed for some people and not others, so we're still working on it.  Sorry about that!
Thank you nic, I'm waiting for the fix, all my passwords are there (I deleted them form the browser)

If it helps: sometimes, after clicking "Passwords" , the page is displayed as it should be (showing sites, the menu on the right), but only lasts less then a second,  then the page becomes blank. This happend sunday evening, when beeing at home I've tryed to access the passwords page from my laptop; there is a low speed Internet connection (2Mb as I remeber)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks for the additional details - I'll pass that along to dev.
Thank you all.

In a way I get a resolution for my issue.
I was contacted by phone by a support tech and via a remote connection she succeded to login in the WPM toolbar and, using an old password, exported all my sites in a .csv file. So at least, I have all my passwords back! 
The suggestion was also to create another account, and to import all the sites from the previous saved .csv file. I've accepted, but for test purposes only, until the WPM will be truly usable and reliable; at this moment I have no confidence that my passwords will not become unavailable at a given moment...   I will use LastPass for a while, but I will gladly switch back to Webroot'd password manage as soon as it will fit my needs.

Hello, 

Finally, everything works after the tech support send me another keycode, linked to a different email address.
I will import in the new Webroot account all my passwords from LastPass (where I have exported from the .csv file saved by the support tech).
Is there a way to know when the issue for changing the account password will be fixed, so I can really use Webroot again ?

Thank you.