Solved

Pause or extract from sync ?

• 5 December 2012
  • 1 reply

Once again I had to prove I was human ... I erred.
I inadvertently moved a 90Mb compressed file into a synced folder.  Not a good move ...
Once the Sync gets its claws on it there doesn't seem to be a way to pause or extract the file from the sync.  When I go to remove it from the local folder I'm told I can't because it is "busy".  I also went to the online BkUp/Sync and deleted the file there ... but the upload appeared to keep going.
I'm wrestling DSL ... so when I invite a bandwidth hog into the room I really screw myself up!  This adventure is a 'done deal' ... but I would like to know for future missteps.
I'm guessing there is an easy solution ... but I'm missing it.  Please help.
TIA
John
icon

Best answer by MikeR 6 December 2012, 01:46

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
You should be able to stop the file from backing up but when you are syncing a folder/file, it will be updated and continuously synced. For your purposes I recommend backing up any files or folders that you do not plan on updating such as the compressed file. You can perform an uninstall, reboot, and fresh Reinstall of SecureAnywhere if you would like to start over using these suggestions. Let me know if you need additional help.

You can also Open a Support Ticket if you would like a walk-through using a remote session by one of our technicians.