PC Slowed After Installing of Internet Security Complete

• 17 July 2017
  • 2 replies

I installed Webroot Secure Anywhere Internet Security Complete just last night. Ever since, my PC, especially my browser (Chrome) has been extremely slow. Sometimes it freezes completely. I've run a complete scan and checked for any processes not recognized yet by Webroot (all clean). I would appreciate any suggestions for a fix.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Krista,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Would you please do a uninstall/reinstall of Webroot to see if this resolves your issues?

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@

Then if tthe reinstall does not work then you can always Submit a Support Ticket free of charge and they can get to the bottom of this.

Thanks!