Solved

Possible Console Glitch for Single Computer Users

• 3 February 2013
  • 36 replies

Userlevel 7
I decided I need to start a thread on this to track it, but I will refer to other thread(s) as well.

I have submitted an initial trouble ticket, but I have not included the possible console glitch at this time.

Around a week or so ago, I had tested the "deactivation" ability from the console.  Yes, when I restarted the computer the WSAC was indeed deactivated.  I reinstalled, activated and went on my merry way.

In replying to an earlier https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/PC-not-appearing-in-webconsole/m-p/24476#M2132 today regarding a computer not showing up in the console, I logged into my own.  I noticed that my computer is no longer listed in my console. I am not sure how long this has been the case, but I suspect probably from the time I tested the deactivation.

This morning I have ran a full scan. then removed and re-entered my key code, and completed another scan after that. After waiting 30 minutes, my pc was still not showing in the console. I un-installed and re-installed the WSA Complete, activated with key code and allowed it to run the initial scan. After 30 minutes, the PC is still not showing up in the console. 

TripleHelix in reply to https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Webroot-won-t-install-again-WRSC/m-p/24508#M2137 posted a screen shot of his console, PC Security tab.  In his screen shot, it shows the drop down at the top labeled "View".

I do not have this drop down: I currently have only one computer, the one previously deactivated as a test.  I am guessing that if I activate the WSAC on a second, different computer, I will then have the view that TH has, but hereis what I see on mine:

I am guessing that there is a glitch in which if you have only one computer that you have activated, once for some reason you have deactivated that computer (Like I did for no reason other than to test the function), the console will not show that computer again, nor will it show the drop down in which you can access deactivated devices to be able to display that previously deactivated device, until you activate WSA on a different computer.  That drop down is mainly a SORT function drop down, and so with no currently active computers Oother than my previously deactivated one which is filtered out), it does not display as there is nothing to sort.

The software does show that I am protected, and does have the correct number of days remaining. I am having no issues other than the PC not showing up in the console... all features of the software are working correctly. Password Management is working correctly as well.  I am not actually using any backup/synch, but I am able to log into it correctly so it appears that is working as well.

Here are the screen from the Overview and My Account tabs:

Of course if for some reason one were to deactivate ALL PCs on an account that has multiple PC's installed, I would guess the result is the same.  I am not able to test for that today as I only have one computer here at home...

EDIT

I see my screens are really a bit small.. if anyone wants me to post larger sized ones let me know!

/EDIT
icon

Best answer by MikeR 5 February 2013, 23:39

View original

36 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
And I use Firefox 18.0.1 and I don`t have issues. I don`t use ADblocker or No script so it could be an add-on. :@

EDIT: I lied it does the same for me and a refresh brings it back in FF. :(

TH
So you and I both have FF 18.0.1,  you have to refresh and I don't.  I never use FF so I don't have any add-ons to it.. the only extension I have in Chrome is Webroot...

So case not closed, but even more confusing to me.  At least we know how to get around it... but finding the actual cause would be nice too!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I tried with all add-ons disabled and still needed a refresh.

TH
Userlevel 7
While I am glad to know how to get around it.. I am quite confused now.
Userlevel 7
I will create a ticket if I can reproduce the issue on my test machine. I was not able to reproduce on my main machine but I will use FF, Chrome, and IE when investigating further.

For the time being, if you need to "Reactivate" a machine, you know how to do it. Thanks for the updates everyone. 😃
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
firefox 18 with webdeveloper addon , webroot, lastpass (yep! as a backup), xmarks, firebug, evernote
Userlevel 7
This morning... it works correctly with no refresh needed to view the drop down.  No changes have been made to my computer, which tends to dispute the ideas I had that it has to do with browser or other variables on the client machine.

Ugh LOL!
Userlevel 7
This is sounding like it may be an issue with the cache if a refresh solves the problem. Next time the issue presents itself and the drop-down is not available, please try clearing your browser cache and cookies before trying to reproduce it.
Userlevel 7
I am still watching the issue..  I have not cleared cache on any of my browsers (intentionally... to see if it is cache related)  Over the last 24 hours, I have not had the issue, the drop down is consistantly available.
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
Now it appears for me too..
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Same here without a refresh using Firefox.:S

TH
Userlevel 7
After the drop down showing correctly the last couple of days, tonight it decided to go into hiding again.  I cleared the browser cache, reloaded the page (Not refresh), and the drop down appeared.

So in at least this one occurrence, clearing the cache cleared the issue.  :D