Prep to scan ran over six minutes and was going nowhere.

• 27 January 2016
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi all... the Prodigal Idiot returns.  It's not that I don't think about you;  the world is going faster and I'm going slower.  Never seems to be enough time to get everything started, let alone done.  :-(

Okay, so I was having issues with Safari this morning, so started my usual run-through to check my iMac.  Got to Webroot and the "prep to scan" kept clocking up time.  This has never happened before.  So, forging ahead, I uninstalled Webroot thinking it needed a reboot.  Downloaded a new program and it wouldn't accept my keycode to activate.  The screen goes from green to red/orange and I was expecting sirens to go off.  Started over....uninstall again, called help line.  Got sent instructions for a download and install.  Downloaded again, installed.  Aha!  Accepted the keycode that I had all along.  Hit activate.  Looked good....for about 2 seconds, then went red/orange and got an error screen....which I promptly sent to Apple, although I have no idea what they'll do with it.  Probably File 13. For now I feel Bare Nekkid without my trusty Webroot.  I still have over a year on my subscription, so that's not the issue.

I'm sure all of you brilliant people know exactly what I'm doing wrong, but for now I'm shutting everything down and rebooting the computer AGAIN.  I will check back after I've had a nap.

Hoping all y'all had a great holiday season and have a Happy New Year!  :-)
Jan

0 replies

Be the first to reply!