Solved

Preventing files to be put in quarantine

• 3 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

My son is playing Fortnite and for playing tournaments, he is using a 3rd party program called War Legends. Whenever I try to download and install it, Webroot flags it as containing virus. I googled the program and came across an official statement from the company, stating the files do not contain any virus.

Ok, I thought I will just allow the file in both the download folder and installation folder. I did so in Webroot “block/allow” and I also whitelisted the installation folder and the .exe file in said folder.

However, on a daily basis, I have to manually restore the file from the installation folder because Webroot flagged and removed it. The whitelist file/folder I put in, are also gone and the file I allowed is back to being blocked.

I submitted both the downloaded file and the .exe file through webroot, but is there a way I can keep webroot of the installation folder and installed file? It’s getting annoying that I have to do this every day.

/Mikael

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 3 February 2021, 18:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @MikaelS11 

Please Submit a Support Ticket and ask them to whitelist your unknown files in the Webroot Cloud Database and that will fix it for you and everyone that has this issue!

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.

Thanks,

Hi @TripleHelix ,

Thanks for the response - I’ve submitted a ticket now.

/Mikael