Solved

Purchase error (charged without providing code) and no response from support for over 3 working days

• 5 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

Last Friday, I have tried to purchase "webroot secure anywhere internet security complete 5 device 1 year subscription" (through WEBROOT’s official website).
Upon clicking the "buy now" button, I was prompted with an error:

"please correct the following errors and try again.
card - one or more fields in the request contains invalid data."

However, my credit card has already been charged the displayed amount of $29.99, and I have double confirmed with the card center that it has been billed.
I have also checked my email and confirmed that I have not received a purchase confirmation email, instead there was an email prompting me that the purchase was not completed and I still have the item in my shopping cart.
I have immediately contacted support through their “Talk to WEBROOT support” message system, and provided the purchase order code, but so far it has been 3 working days and I have yet to receive a reply from them.

Please kindly let me know how else I might seek help.

Thank you!

Paul

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 5 August 2020, 16:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @paulwyton 

It’s best to contact the sales department directly as they will need your full info that we can’t help with on the Community.

To Submit a Support Ticket and choose Sales Inquiry: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Purchases and Renewals

Call 1-866-350-6089

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have already opened another ticket as instructed above.

I hope to receive a response soon.

Userlevel 1

Just want to provide a brief update:

According to support, the purchase has been initiated but has not been fully processed. There was nothing they can do from their end.

At the same time, according to the credit card center, there is also nothing they can do since the purchase has already been authorized but not completed.

So I think I can only keep checking whether this transaction is going to be completed on my next monthly statement and proceed from there.