question after a system optimization

• 4 September 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
since the last optimization, right clicking on any file, folder, directory crahes file explorer (windows 10 x64 1703 16281-1000) could the optimizer have been overzealous in deleting some registry key ?
your help will be appreciated.
thank you

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @
I don't use Win 10, maybe someone that does can chime in. I've been using System Optimization on all my Win 7 computers and never seen this problem or any problem. I would suggest Contacting Webroot or putting in a Support Ticket so they can get logs to see what went wrong before you try a Uninstall / Clean Install.
Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

HTH,
Dave.;)
Userlevel 6
Badge +22
thank you for helping, I found the culprit this morning: a 3rd party handler had been corrupted (not sure because of WSA opti, it happened right after that opti :catsurprised:)
I could repair it with shellexview, right click has been restored afterwards.