QUESTION: Code Injection Cyberattack: AtomBombing?

• 29 October 2016
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7
Does WebRoot have a solution for code injection cyberattack called: AtomBombing?
http://www.zdnet.com /article/ code-injection-exposes-all-versions-of-windows-to-cyberattack/

Thank you in advance for a prompt and detailed response.

~ Alan

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi abrandt

I would say that in terms of code injection attacks in general then most probably yes given what this KB Article covers this area & states in particular under the section entitled "Low-Level Operation" which reads:

"The Identity Shield operates at a very low level in Windows.  To take an example, the way this works for protecting your clipboard data is that WSA steps inbetween a program that is asking for that clipboard data and the clipboard itself..........Similar protection is utilized in protecting against cookie tampering and code injection threats."

But specifically we best seek the professional's response from a Webrooter such as ? :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
Thank you, Baldrick.

Would appreciate official WSA response.

Thank you in advance,

~ Alan
Userlevel 7
Hi abraandt

I am sure that if DanP can respond then he will but as it is the weekend that will most probably mean that it will not be until next week.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
We are aware of the report, and are investigating it. 

-Dan
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
Dan:

Anxious to hear back ASAP.

Thank you.

~ Alan
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
An update on this...

Enhancements that we are already working on but are not yet live are capable of detecting this form of code injection. 

... and to answer the inevitable follow-up question: soon.

-Dan
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
I hope it will soon be forthcoming UPDATE.

Thx.  ~ Alan
Userlevel 7
Thanks, Dan

As always the pick up is much appreciated.

Regards, Baldrick