Solved

re-installation

• 13 February 2015
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
I've been trying to figure out how to re-install on my new computer.  Instructions tell me I need to uninstall Webroot from my old computer, but that thing died and I am unable to uninstall it.  How do I get Webroot re-installed without being able to uninstall from the old computer?

Instructions online tell me to go to my account and then :  Click the Licenses & Products tab.  I never come to that tab!
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 13 February 2015, 23:19

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Chi3165

Welcome to the Community Forums.

What you need to do is to log nto your Web Console, and from the PC Security section, you deactivate the old PC, and that should release the license associated with the now defunct PC. In structions on how to achieve this can be found in this KB Article.

Once you have done that you can install WSA on your new machine.

I hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Thanks - I'll give it a try.  This poor old brain of mine sometimes finds it difficult to learn on an "as needed" basis and sometimes even the simplest of things is difficult.  Appreciate the help.
Userlevel 1
How very frustrating.  I was able to deactivate one PC, downloaded the application, but when I (very, very carefully) entered the keycode it keeps giving me the message "Enter a valid Keycode.  If you continue to receive this message, contact Secure Anywhere support."  Now that's another whole ball of wax.  Getting in touch with support is --- well, nothing I'd care to say in public.  :womansad:
Userlevel 7
You are most welcome, Chi3165, we are hear to help. ;)

Do let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Well, Chi3165, all you have to do is Open a Support Ticket and let them know what the issue is.

But I will also ping @ our excellent Community Manager just in case he can enquire in the back office to see what the issue may be.

Hopefully that will help reso,ve the issue for you.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Your keycode looks ok, although I do notice that there are 10 activations on there, from removing and then re-adding it to machines.  Perhaps that has triggered a flag for some reason - go ahead and contact support and they should be able to sort it out.
Userlevel 1
HALLELUJAH!  Don't ask me why - only with Webroot....  So, I've been using the keycode that Webroot sent me in an email.  Don't ask me why, but I happened to look at the keycode online - only to discover it was not the same.  Now why in the world would they do that!

In any case, many thanks for your help Baldrick - it worked!  I now understand why people get so excited when something works - it takes TIME (a lot of it) to figure out what is going on.  Thus, the reason I learn about programs and computers on a need to know basis.  One would think that after 20 years of dealing with the military I would know better than to expect something to work right the first time.  ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It could be an email to a previous keycode that was expired - sorry for the confusion!
Userlevel 1
And, I need to add - help was so quickly forthcoming!  Ya'll have great big kudos from me.  ❤️
Userlevel 7
Thanks, Nic, as always we can count on you...Cheers.;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Nic is correct you can install on the same PC as many times as you want but anymore PC's or Mac's than your allowed 5 in this case or reinstall the Operating System then you need the deactivate the old PC's or Mac's in the Online Console before installing it on another it's the way Webroot protects against abuse of it's product.

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7

@ wrote:
HALLELUJAH!  Don't ask me why - only with Webroot....  So, I've been using the keycode that Webroot sent me in an email.  Don't ask me why, but I happened to look at the keycode online - only to discover it was not the same.  Now why in the world would they do that!

In any case, many thanks for your help Baldrick - it worked!  I now understand why people get so excited when something works - it takes TIME (a lot of it) to figure out what is going on.  Thus, the reason I learn about programs and computers on a need to know basis.  One would think that after 20 years of dealing with the military I would know better than to expect something to work right the first time.  ;)
As I said before, your are most welcome...but it was a team effort...one of the great strengths of this Community. :D

Regards, Baldrick