Solved

RE: Installing Webroot Internet Security Complete

Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Hello Everyone. My Webroot Expiration Is Due. Therefore I purchased a new Webroot Complete CD Box. Do I have to Uninstall the old Webroot, or just Install this. Which way you recommend Thank you very much
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 17 March 2014, 02:00

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello venus60 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Read this article Knowledge Base:
Installing Webroot SecureAnywhere on a PC

Thank you
Best regard, Petr.
Userlevel 7
Hi Venus60

How are you?  Long time no see or hear? :D

You do not need to uninstall, just key in the new keycode in the usual place (click on cog/gear to the righ of the My Account tab in the main panel...and enter the new keycode) and as part of the activation the Complete related features will be activated.

Just a couple of points to note here; I am not sure which version of WSA you currently use but the Web Console/My Account based features such as Password Manager, Backup & Sync, etc., are linked to your keycode, so if you currently use any of these features and you plane to use the new keycode (because it gives you additional/new features) and you do not want to loose any of the information linked to your old keycode then you will need to Open a Support Ticket  to request that the Support Team transfer the links from the old keycode to the new one.  They should be able to sort that out for you pretty quickly.

Remember to include old keycode/new keycode/email address that yo sign in with to My Account, in the ticket information. 

If however, you have effectively renewed your subscription, i.e., you have Complete currently and you have bought a new Complete keycode outside the normal renewal process, because you got a better deal...;)...then you can also contact the Support Team via the Ticket, and ask them to add the time from the new keycode to your existing one and then there will be no need to transfer links etc., and if you have say 15 days left on your current license and 365 days on the new keycode, then you will end up with 380 days of subscription showing on your existing license once Support have been able to undertake your request.

But I should stress that if you currently have a license for the version other than the one that yo have just purchased the CD Box then you should request the first option above...because features are tied to the keycode used...:D

Apologies for the overlong reply...but hopefully that clarifies things for you?

Have a great rest of weekend.

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello venus60, WELCOME to the community...where most issues can and will be resolved by our great cast of volunteers via our Webroot Support team.
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Dear Baldrick. Thank you very much, it was a very easy process and it is working. one question please. This Fry's Box bundle is for 5 Devices. I did now see any Box Cd for 3 Devises so I had to buy for 5 Devises. I have 3 computers. I will have 2 Devise left to Install. Can I give this to my Friend so he can Install It into his 2 computers ? or I can just keep it for next year Thank you very much.
Userlevel 7
Hi Venus60

Glad to hear that your are sorted with regard to you original query. ;)

In terms of your question about what yo can do with the 2 'extra' licenses that you have but are not currently using; you cannot 'save' them for use next year as the 5 PCs of the subscription are covered concurrently, i.e, the time counts down whether you use the license or not.

You are at liberty to give the 2 'spare' licenses to your friend for use with his PCs but note that as far as this is concerned your Web Console will see them as yours as they will be registered under that, and your friend will not be able to set up a Web Console for himself and assign the keycode yo have given him to it.  So if he uses your Web Console with those devices any Passwords you record on your devices will be accessible to him on his devices, if he has the login credentials for your Web Console, etc.  You need to consider all of this before deciding to make the 2 'spare' devices over to him.

However, do you have an Android tablet or phone or an iPad or iPhone, because if you do then you can assign one or more of the 'spare' devices to those and make use of Webroot protection for them too.

If that is an option then post back and I will see if I can find you some information as to the options that you have re. that.

Hope that helps?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Thanks Baldrick. since the files are going to be shared, if I give it to my friend. Therefore, I am not going to give him. I don't want that. I Paid $79.99 and it is for 5 PC's. Technicality, I Think it is a price for 3 PC's. I do have a android phone, which I have the Lockout security, and I don't think I can add the webroot to this Phone ? I guess I have no other choices.
Userlevel 7
Hi Venus60

No problem...as I have said before...always happy to try to help if I can. :D

Apologies but I should have directed you to this article on the Android options that you have depending on the version of WSA that you have.  As you can see with Complete you actually have some pretty good/useful options in relation to your Android phone but whether you want to either ditch Lookout Security and go with WSA or try to run both together (not that I would recommend that) is really for you to decide.

Hope that the information is of use, whatever you decide.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Dear Baldrick. What you saying is: I can apply my Webroot complete, To my Android phone, Is that correct ? if yes how that is done Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Hi venus60

If you look at my previous post and click on the 'this article' link you will be taken to an article that provides the link for each Android version in relation to the PC version of WSA that you have.  In your case you will need to use the one in the column marked "So Your Android Needs:" that is shown against WSA Complete...in otherwords this one WSA-Complete which will take you to the Google PLay store and to the page from which you can install the Android version on your device...so of course you need to click on that link from your Android phone, etc.

Also, The user guide for Webroot Mobile Security for the Android can be found here: 
 https://mobile.webroot.com/help/index.htm 

Now the process can (and I stress the can) have some issue, in some cases, in terms of registering on Android so in case you run into some issues I thought it prudent to point you at this post  by our resident guru on the subject @...but this is only for use if you run into problems and so may save you some time in that event.

Hope that is of assistance?

Just to let you know that I will be going offline now as it is rather late in the UK (where I live)...I will check for posts when I get up in the morning, and try to respond then...but in the interim if you need to please post back here and one of the other members will help out I am sure...;)

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Thanks Baldrick.
Userlevel 7
Hi Venus60

You are, as always. most welcome...anytime.  :D

It is entirely my pleasure, and I look forward to seeing you again soon in the Community.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
If you have any problems with the Android install, let us know. Please note that if you want to use the same profile/email address that you used with your previous copy of WSA, you will need to submit a Trouble Ticket to have Support change the key code on that profile to the new one.