Solved

RE: Queued pua.system.protector

• 18 January 2014
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17
please help..

I was told there is this place t do download a video editing Codec,  when i went there and downloaded the video codec i got many warnings  and now the secure anywhere is been trying to delete this infection. the thing is the slider is not going any where. I a using my other computer, i already disscounected my other computer from the internet.

also, I am using the Revo uninstaller at the same time to uninstall the few other programs that came with this thread
Any help please, one of those programs are Jump Flip, Haali Media splitter ffdshow
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 18 January 2014, 22:01

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
The best thing you can do is stop what you are doing and Submit a Support Ticket and they will be happy to help you and make sure you contact them on the PC with the problems.

Regards,

TH
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Ok I restarted my computer, and had the computer scanned, and webroot telling me the computer is protected.
Note: I also have kaspersky pure installed in my computer, and Kaspersky immediately Quarantine those .dll files
so what should i do now,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
As I said above Webroot will help you and Kaspersky I don't know they will tell you! Also you have to watch what you install as most crapware is pre-checked I always warn users when updating Adobe and Java products see here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Security-Industry-News/Adobe-Flash-Player-12-0-0-38-IE-12-0-0-43-Plugin-based-browsers/td-p/77151#.UtniU7Qo6M8 and here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Security-Industry-News/Java-SE-Runtime-Environment-7u51-Released/td-p/77171#.Utnik7Qo6M8

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks-KB/How-to-Remove-Potentially-Unwanted-Applications/ta-p/40744#.Utni9rQo6M8

TH
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Dear TripleHelix.

Thank you very much i really  appreciate your help.

OK, now my Webroot security is all Green, and it shows Protected. Do i still need to contact the Tech support, or what ?

I did clicked on the support link that you provided and it keeps on asking me for a password.
since the Webroot secure is protected do i need to do any thing else.
please let me know
Thank you very much
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes to make sure it's all gone because some of them can be persistent on reboot. And with that message you must of had contacted support before and thus they sent you a password with the email address you used. You can click on Forgotten your Password link?

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 6
Daniel....you're a good man! Friday night and standing watch.....have a good weekend!;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You to James! :D

Daniel
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Dear Triple Helix.

Thank you very much I did go to that link and clicked on forgot password and wrote the issue to them hopefully they get back to me.
So meanwhile what should I do ?
once again thank you very much for all your help.
God Bless You.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Dear Triple Helix.

Thank you very much I did go to that link and clicked on forgot password and wrote the issue to them hopefully they get back to me.
So meanwhile what should I do ?
once again thank you very much for all your help.
God Bless You.
If there are no more pop-ups just continue as all of WSA's Shields will protect you even if you have a unknown infection!

You are quite safe till support gets back to you!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
when i went to mozila fire fox By default  there is Mysearchdial Typed in the search bar. Also when I went to one of my favorites there was this video game poped up like some kind of UFO, and now dissapear. how can I get rid of that please
Thanks.
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
i did go to Mozila Firefox, and In the History I saw the Conduit, every time I cleared it it came back again. so I completley unistalled the Firefox Mozilla. now when i go to the page to Download the mozila I get this message that is harmful. But I am in the Mozila download page. I was going to send you a acreen shot, but I dont know how to attach to this message.
Thanks

Userlevel 7
Hi Venus60

MySearchDial is a browser extension/toolbar that can get inadvertently installed.  One of the most common ways of this happening is to not careful to read all the options presented when installing software, etc.  To rid yourself off it please take a look at This article that I have found useful in the poast...it covers all three main browsers.

Conduit is the same...a PUA (Potential Unwanted Application) and can be difficult to get rid of.  Please take a look at a previous post by Daniel referencing some Community KB articles relating to PUAs/how to remove them.

But, if you are not confident in acting on the above, as Daniel recommended earlier you have a Support Ticket open so if you prefer you can wait for them to contact you and add this to the other issue that you opened the ticket for...I am sure that they will help you with these if you either update the ticket to notify them or tell them when they contact you.

Post back to let us know how you get on.

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Dear Baldrick.

I am not to concern with the Mozila, I have already Uninsulated it, I can always get it back. first of all, i want to know if I can attach a screen-shot,  to this Post so you can see the Error Message, I can not find any Insert, or any attachment link at this forum.
Also, I am waiting for  the Tech support, I wonder how I follow up to see If they got my message or not ?

Do you recommend me to do a Deep Scan or A Full Scan ?

If Scan Shows no threat, or PUA or any virus am I safe ?

I did go to the link you provided and Inside My Manage Add-on I did see Conduit search. I Removed It

Thank you very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
This is how you add a picture! Also most PUA's are not malicious but are pest have a look at this link to see how to remove them yourself and wait for support to reply to you as they can get logs from you to help you better there's not much more we can do but Support can help you more so just be patient!

Thanks,

TH

Userlevel 7
Hi venus60

The recommended scan level is Deep, and that should be sufficient (a Full scan will take much longer and is not really required given the multiple Shields that WSA has that are monitoring your system once it is installed)

If the scan shows no threat, PUAs or virus you should be safe, and if it does find anything WSA will, were approrpiate cleanup/quanrantine the threat components or, if it is determined that manual intervention is required it will advise you to contact Support.

You should be fine, but as Daniel has stated...please be patient...Support will get to you and go through things to make sure.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Thanks Daniel.

I don't have the Inset image In my Icon Tool-Bar. I have the Insert/ edit Link . The emotion Icon and ordered list,and unordered list icon.May-be Is hidden or do I have to go to any preferences to get It
Thank you very much.
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Thanks Baldrick.

Last night In my Mozila Firefox, I suddenly saw a Flying Saucer UFO Animation Game Pop Up,with some Quick Explosion in my Mozila page and I could see Some Game Arrows. I don't see it now, but it could be Hidden some-where.

Also, inside my I/E Manage Adds on I have this Quilinx Inc which I Disable, and i wonder I fI can Unistall it..
Inside manage Adds on- Tracking Protection, Your Personalized List should be Enable or Disable ?
Thank you very much for your Time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks Daniel.

I don't have the Inset image In my Icon Tool-Bar. I have the Insert/ edit Link . The emotion Icon and ordered list,and unordered list icon.May-be Is hidden or do I have to go to any preferences to get It
Thank you very much.
You will have to contact @ to get that fixed for you as that's not the first time I heard that! Well she will be notified as I pinged her for you.

Daniel 😠
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Thanks. When I click on the Cat Icon you provided I dont see how to contact her ?
Thank you very much.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
She will see it because I did @ and that sends a message to her so she will contact you during the week.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yep! It worked! I see the comments and thanks for bringing them to my attention. We'll see if we can fix this one Monday.
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
I Have another question please.

In my other computer, when i do the Full scan webroot Freezes on 32 percent i don't know why ?

Also, i would like to know why when I go to the Quarantine, when I see the last Removed Threat, It shows the year of 2011.
I think some-thing is wrong with Webroot Date ?

Also, The Webroot shows Complete Secure, But, and when I do the Deep scan it showed : valueapps.exe\\conduitvalueappsie

Once again thank you very much for all your helps
God Bless You All.
Userlevel 7
Hi venus60

Given that you are having these further issues, i.e., the Full Scan freezing before completion, etc. I really believe that you should wait for the Support Team to respond to your Ticket, as that needs investigating and it is not something that we in the Community are able to do.

If you are still waiting for a response from the Support Team (bearing in mind this is the weekend) then I suggest that you post back here and we will see if one of the Mods can escalate the request for you.  Cannot say if that will work but we can but try.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Thanks, i am waiting for the Tech. i was told, it it much better to use Firefox rather than Internet explorer, and inside the firefox you can add the above adds on's.

Adblock Plus
Better Privacy
Cookie Monster (or some other cookie handler)
HTTPS-Everywhere
NoScript
Pure URL
Redirect Cleaner
RefControl
RequestPolicy

NOTE: I did add the adblock plus for Internet explorer, and i dont see any adds.
@ wrote:
This is how you add a picture! ......

Thanks,

TH

Except I suspect the Lithium (brain dead) Web software doesn't grant that "Insert/Edit Image" function until the user has been elevated to Forum Rank of "Super hero" or "Semi-cognisant-participant" whatever? ;)

example

Yours.... pendantically......  and still awaiting my own IQ/Alzheimer  results!  ;)