Solved

Removing DSMLawmo from my Galaxy S3

• 7 January 2015
  • 9 replies

Hi,

Upon completion of a scan on my Galaxy SIII, I received a notice that my phone had a threat by the name of DSMLawson.  I've tried removing it but it will not be uninstalled.  Is it necessary that I remove it and if so, how?

Thank you for any help.

icon

Best answer by Morgan_629 7 January 2015, 05:00

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Morgan_629,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

Would you be able to provide some more information about this being a threat? Does Webroot say it cannot remove DSMLawmo?

It could be a program that's one of the Galaxy S3.

I did find a Forum where it explains this DSMLawno.

Have a look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/help/dsmlawmo-t1863011

If you are still concerned about this then please issue a Support Ticket and they can look into this for you.

Please get back to us and let us know how you are doing. This might help others with the same concerns.

Regards,
Hi. Thank you from responding. I received the notification from Webroot after a scan, saying it had identified a threat. The info I found on my own was uninformative as to whether the app is harmful or not - hence my concern. I tried the fix on Webroot but the removal was unsuccessful.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Morgan,

Thank you for posting back.

Would you issue a Support Ticket so that the team can check this out for you. Support will contact you through your email after you submit ticket. They usually respond pretty quick so issue that ticket right away ok? They probably need to obtain your logs but they will explain how that is done.
Edit: @ this is a free service with an active subscription.

Best Regards,
Hello,

I'd requested a ticket earlier, as I wasn't quite sure how to proceed. I'm glad I did as I already have a response. It's a false positive!

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

Leslian Morgan
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hello,

I'd requested a ticket earlier, as I wasn't quite sure how to proceed. I'm glad I did as I already have a response. It's a false positive!

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

Leslian Morgan
Hello Morgan!

No Thank you for getting back to us!

I'm certainly happy that this was a false positive!!

Also don't be a stranger and come on back and visit, we are here anytime to help out! :D

You're welcome and will do 🙂
DSMLawmo ia a dangerous malware installed on smartphones. This malware has complete control of your smartphone just as you have. Everything you type on email, internet it no's. It also can take over your banking details passwords of anything you may have on your phone. AVG has a program to remove this malware which unfortunately is not free. You will need to install the free AVG then pay for the full version.
Good luck
Userlevel 7
Hi Kingpin

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I get the reason for your post but the reference to other security apps is not welcome here given our Community Guidelines...but I suspect that you intentions were well meaning in doing this. ;)

Please take a look at the Getting Started Guide...which include the Community Guidelines,plus other useful informfation to assist you when using this site.

Regards, Baldrick
Hi.
AVG says I have DSMLawmo in my phone and it is bad, how do I remove it, I'm not paying AVG to go pro!