renewed my webroot and it still shows keycode has expired in the password tab?

hi all

renewed my webroot and it still shows keycode has expired in the password tab on the web console??
but subcription is definatly active.
please help

thanks

22 replies

Userlevel 6
Welcome to the community

Where did you purchase your keycode from?

Beth
Userlevel 7
Hi mrwiggy

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you purchased you copy of WSA from Best Buy then this is quite normal as it can take up to 24 hours for the transaction to go through...but you are protected untiit does.

Regards

Baldrick
i purchased over the phone as i got a better deal. it was over 2 weeks ago now
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Hi mrwiggy

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you purchased you copy of WSA from Best Buy then this is quite normal as it can take up to 24 hours for the transaction to go through...but you are protected untiit does.

Regards

Baldrick
Thank you Solly,

I was waiting for the OP to respond.
Userlevel 6
Hi,

Did you purchase by phone directly from Webroot or another retailer ie: Best Buy, Walmart?
i purchased direct from webroot. im in the uk but was dealt with by webroot US?
Userlevel 6
OK, 

If you are using Password Manager please contact tech support by submitting a support ticket to have yo

Go to your online web console and add your new keycode  Go to your online web console

click on the arrow next to your user name, click on manage keycodes in the drop down menu. You need to add your nerw keycode to your account.

There is some information regarding managing you online web console here as well as here

Beth

Userlevel 7
No, thank you, Beth

In case you had not noticed we posted at roughly the same time and as such I was not aware of your post when I was and made mine.

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi mrwiggy

What Beth is trying to explain is that if you use the version with the Pasword Manager then you need to get Support to transfer your Password Manager data  from your old keycode to your new otherwise you will lose it as that data is keyed by keycode...so change keycode and you cannot access the old date without it being transferred for you.

Hope that helps?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
No, thank you, Beth

In case you had not noticed we posted at roughly the same time and as such I was not aware of your post when I was and made mine.

Baldrick
Thats ok, I had posted then edited, Not a problem

hi. my new keycode is already in the manage keycodes page
so what do i need to do lol. it all sounds so complicated
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
hi. my new keycode is already in the manage keycodes page
If you have entered it into your web console and still having an issue, please sumit a support ticket

Please let us know how everything is.

Beth
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
so what do i need to do lol. it all sounds so complicated
Enter your keycode into your system console 
add a new keycode  For MAC

Then add the keycode to your online web concole

Have you done both?
hi beth. i just tried to submit a support ticket but it asking for a password from previous contact with support. im stuck :o(. thanks for all your help
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
hi beth. i just tried to submit a support ticket but it asking for a password from previous contact with support. im stuck :o(. thanks for all your help
I will submit it for you
They will email you with an answer and the password as well
Beth
@ I have submitted a support ticket with a link to this thread, can you please check on it? Thanks

thanks beth. ill wait for the email. hopefully i can sort it out 
I am having a similar issue, but I'm seeing that my keycode has changed after renewing directly from Webroot online. Do I need to renew through the same method every time (I renewed over the phone directly with Webroot last time and they changed my keycode, now I'm renewing through the Webroot website and they changed my keycode again?)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I am having a similar issue, but I'm seeing that my keycode has changed after renewing directly from Webroot online. Do I need to renew through the same method every time (I renewed over the phone directly with Webroot last time and they changed my keycode, now I'm renewing through the Webroot website and they changed my keycode again?)
If the keycode changes you will need to contact support to have that added to your existing console so you can access your passwords.

I don't think it is normal for you to get a new keycode when renewing online, so definitely mention that to the support folks so that they can look into it.
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Welcome to the community!

Is everything working ok? If you are renewing thru the website, are you set up for automatic renewal? If so, you should be all set.

Let us know if you need assistance with anything!

Beth
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Hi @ !

I heard from support. They need your information. Please go to the submit a support ticket page, enter your email,
on 
on the next page where it asks for your password from a previous communication, click forgotten your password. They will email it to you.

Thanks,

Beth
hi beth. just opened a support ticket. thanks for your help. i hope support can sort me out