Renewed subscription

• 13 January 2014
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Just renewed my subscription for another year. Received a "Welcome Back, Thanks for sticking with Webroot" message. What a nice way to acknowledge renewal  :O)

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Marein, Welcome back and Thank You for staying with the Webroot Family. 😉
Wow! Yours went successfully. Mine didn't. I renewed, it wouldn't install the upgrade. As per instructions, I uninstalled and reinstalled, using new activation code. Display panel said expired. I clicked on the gear symbol and installed the new activation code.

I've gone through this a few times. Again today, mysteriously my expired code is back. The display says I'm expired and unprotected. I go to my online control panel. A laborious process. The console has my new code and shows that it is paid and current, but when I go to "my pc" it says "expired" and that my computer is infected. A marketing tactic to get people to renew?
I then go to my desktop, open webroot, temporarily working after reinstalling renewal code, run a scan and it says, "no threats."

I'm pretty tired of reinstalling WR. Obviously, they have hidden the old expired activation code somewhere on my computer where it not uninstalled. WR must then check it to see if it's current and stop working if it's not. Why it doesn't just check the current code entered to see if it's valid is just poor programming. I'm sorry I renewed.

Is there any way to get WR to actually work after paying for it? Having to continually check to see if your AV program has reverted to an expired activation code and quit protecting you is not my idea of worry free operation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello walk and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

I assume you contacted support about this issue if not please Submit a Support Ticket and they will get it corrected for you!

TH
Userlevel 7
EDIT:  Ah, Daniel...I see you got in before me...so, walk, I will leave you in Daniel's very capable hands. ;)

Hi walk

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

Sorry to hear about your issues...unfortunately these things sometimes do happen.  Look to me as if it is a back end issue and therefore your best bet will be to Open a Support Ticket to let support take a look for you, unless one of the Mods can take a look for you instead.  Have tagged @ in the hope that he can help you as, with this sort of thing, we in the Community have no access.

For the future if you are an existing user then a renewal before the expiry is best (any remaining time is kept and the new year license is added to that...so you do not lose any time by an early renewal.  If however, you decide to get a new code from another source then the best thing to do to get it used is to contact Support directly via a ticket, explain the situation, and ask them to add the time from the new license to the existing one, so keeping it...which has the advantage of making sure that all Passwords stored &  your backup & Sync remain active, as they are tied to the specific license key...and a new one means you have to contact Support anyway to see if they can move this all from old to new...do a renewal is simpler.

Apologies if you already know all of this but thought it best to advise in case you are not.

Hope that this is sorted out for you soon.  Please post back either way to let us know how you have got on.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
EDIT: EVERYONE got here before me LOL!

Hello walk and welcome to the Webroot Community.

The problems you are having are very unusual to say the least.  Normally an uninstall does correctly, and fully, remove WSA from the computer including the key code.  I would suggest that you submit a Trouble Ticket to obtain assistance with the issue.

I will say that every AV vendor that I know of does perform a key code check upon bootup to verify the current status of the key code and subscription, so there is nothing unusual there.
Userlevel 7
Welcome to the forums, walk! Can you please Send me a Private Message with all known keycodes to see if I can assist with this quickly. It looks like something went wrong with the renewal. Also, any other email addresses you may have used would be helpful.

Thanks!
Userlevel 2
We've been a part of the Webroot family since 2004...back in the day when a phone call took care of everything.
There is one thing I wiould like to mention. After the last upgrade and after recent renewal, I would find backup and sync   turned off and  I had to reenter my login credentials to get it working again. I wouldn't know this until I wanted to check on a synced file. So I've gone  months without realizing backup/sync has been off. Not really a good situation. This isn't a rant, I'm simply making a comment and wondering if others experience this.
Marein R
Userlevel 1
I too just renewed