Solved

Replacing a 'protected' PC

• 9 September 2017
  • 1 reply

I recently 'retired' a PC from my network. I added another PC to my network. I want to 'transfer' my Webroot protection to the new PC. What must be done to delete one protected PC from Webroot protection and add a new PC for Webroot protection?

Side note: The PC I retired shows up 6 times in my PC Security page. I've read the post about 'deactivating' a PC after running a couple scans to identify the 'valid' PC. Does this anomaly have to be factored into the procedure I asked about in first paragraph?

Thanks for your input...
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 9 September 2017, 04:28

View original

1 reply

Hello sfrvn1966,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

This will require you to log into your Web Console.

As far as the retired PC, you can delete all instances of that PC.(Select retired PC(s) in "PC Security", then the "Commands" tab, then click "Deactivate".)

Please have a look at this KB Article, it will show you how to deactivate your PC. (You may have already seen this)

To install on your new PC please follow these directions:

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online during the install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE). Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Install with the new installer, entering your Keycode when prompted to do so in the install process
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot
After installing Webroot, the new PC will appear after a little while in your web console.

Hope this info helps. If you still need assistance please don't hesitate to ask.

BD