Restore default tray icon

• 25 January 2014
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +23
As my subscription has thirty days remaining, my tray icon now looks like this. Am I able to restore the default tray icon?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Seeker

Nope, not until you renew your license/keycode.  I believe that the change in icon, etc., is triggered when the subscription length remaining falls below a pre set threshold, which the end user has no control over.

So it is pay up or forever remain 'exclaimed'...;)

But your protection is not affected until such time as your keycode has completely run down.

HTH?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Badge +23
@ wrote:
I believe that the change in icon, etc., is triggered when the subscription length remaining falls below a pre set threshold, which the end user has no control over.

Yes, I figured this is the case, hence the first sentence in my post.

@ wrote:
But your protection is not affected until such time as your keycode has completely run down. 
I didn't think my protection was affected, I just want to restore the default icon. That there's not a setting to do so is rather irksome.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That's the way it is you have to think as an average user most don't keep track of there subscriptions IMHO.

TH
Userlevel 5
Badge +23
@ wrote:
That's the way it is you have to think as an average user most don't keep track of there subscriptions IMHO.

TH
Makes perfect sense for the average user, yes. A setting for the more advanced user would also make sense.
Userlevel 7
Hi Seeker

Apologies if my response came out wrong...not meant to be patronising at all...and least of all to a Community member of your experience. :$

Agree that the lack of an option to do what your were hoping for is 'irksome' but then again I suppose that it is important that perhaps less knowledgable users are reminded...and that is the way that Webroot see it.  Dare I suggest (to you) that a request is tabled in the Ideas Exchange...;)

Regards

Solly
Userlevel 5
Badge +23
@ wrote:
Hi Seeker

Apologies if my response came out wrong...not meant to be patronising at all...and least of all to a Community member of your experience. :$

Agree that the lack of an option to do what your were hoping for is 'irksome' but then again I suppose that it is important that perhaps less knowledgable users are reminded...and that is the way that Webroot see it.  Dare I suggest (to you) that a request is tabled in the Ideas Exchange...;)

Regards

Solly
No apologies necessary, and I didn't find your post patronising. It's just that you pointed out something that I alluded to in my question :p

Your suggestion is a good one re the Ideas Exchange - I'll get on that soon. Thanks to you both for the responses 😃
Userlevel 7
Cheers...:D