Safety ratings when using search engines ?

• 25 February 2016
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 4
It used to work all the time but now all I get are gray dots.
I tryed a few diffrent things but I can not get it to work properly.

Any sujestions ?

22 replies

Hi andrewstas,

Welcometo  the Webroot Community.

The Web Filtering extension is currently only available for IE, Chrome and Firefox.

It sounds as if maybe there was an installation error. If you would please try an uninstall/clean install that should resolve your issue.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

If you'd rather not do an uninstall/clean install then please submit a trouble ticket and support will help you out.

Thanks,
BD

Userlevel 4
Thank you,
Thats good to know.
Userlevel 4
I just received a reply.
They said that the Safety Rating Service is down for repairs and will send out an update when its fixed.

So the notification on the gray dot when you hold your cursor on it is correct.

I went along with that for awhile then became suspicious.

Thank you all and thank support for there quick response.

Gunner
Hi andrewstas,

Thanks for getting back to us with the reply from support. To answer your question; no, it doesn't matter what version of Webroot you have, they all include the Web Filtering Extension for supported browsers. Did you try the clean install? Just wondering if you were able to get the Website ratings back in your browser. The fact that they aren't showing isn't usually an indication of other problems but rather due to a hiccup in the install process or possibly caused by an update to the respective browser, or in the case of Firefox, new requirements for all browser extensions. A clean install should do the trick, but if you'd rather wait, that is certainly understandable. If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask. We are always happy to help out. :)

Have a good day,
BD

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Email and don't contact them again until they contact you because if you reply it will push it back to the bottom of the ticket system.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 3
Support replied, so I will just wait until they enable it.

Support wrote:
Hello,

There will be a update that will enable the safety ratings in the next few days.

Kind Regards,
Paraic G,
Webroot Support
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Only Google, Yahoo and Bing searches are supported. It's kinda hard to support all search engines and to keep up with all the engine updates and encrypted searches are just that encrypted.
Userlevel 4
Someone did something becouse the "Safety Ratings" colored buttons are working even better than before.

Happy, Happy........

Thanks for the reply Sherry .
Userlevel 4
OK, Im running version  9.0.8.72

There is a box under it that says "check for software updates".

Do I click on that ?
Userlevel 4
OK, it looks like Microsoft Security Essentials was blocking the webroot update so I let it through and its up and running.

Userlevel 7
Hi Gunner

I do appreciate you feeling frustrated and therefore the best appraoch now is to makse sure that the Support Team are aware of this, by Opening a Support Ticket.

Given that you tried uninstalliing & reinstalling, etc., you need professional assistance to resolves this.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
Thanks,
I did that yesterday.
How do they contact me.
Here or my email ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Gunner,

Have you tried rebooting your system? Sometimes that will bring the green check marks back.. If you continue to have this issue then I would
Submit a Support Ticket to let them know about this.

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 7
Hi Gunner

You may want to check to see what version you are currently running as I suspect that it was the recent upgrade to WSA and the accompanied move to a new version of the Webroot Filtering Extension...if I am not much mistaken. :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Yes, indeed...that is the quickest and easiest way to initiate a manual check for updates to WSA, if needed.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Gunner!

Thanks for the update. That's great to hear!;)
Userlevel 3
I have not ever seen safety ratings when using search engines although I am using Webroot Antivirus for 3 years now. Today, I saw this article
http://community.webroot.com/html/assets/WSAB-EP-ProductBulletin_111016_Public%20R28.pdf
and I was wondering if it is only for MACs or if it works for PCs as well.

Could you let me know if the "Search Safety Ratings" should be working for PCs?
If yes, then what am I doing wrong?
I am running my PC with unmanaged policy and have ticked in the Advanced settings the webshield that says "Show safety ratings when using search engines". I am using Firefox and Microsoft Edge browsers, but I see no webroot icons when searching. I also tested Internet Explorer but result is still negative.

Userlevel 3
Well. I submitted a ticket in case there is something else going wrong. I will come back with their reply and results if any.
By the way, does it matter if I have the webroot antivirus or the webroot complete or the webroot internet security version?

p.s. thanks for the welcoming
Userlevel 3
Thanks for all the help.
It finally works for me. I had to disable it, restart my computer and then re-enable it having my firefox closed. Restarted once again and then firefox asked me to install said addon!
My only complain now is that although it works for bing and google searches,
it does not work for encrypted google searches:  https://encrypted.google.com
or when using the DuckDuckGo search engine: https://duckduckgo.com/

Any idea if they are gonna implement theses search engines?
Userlevel 4
It says Im running the newest version and updates are automatically installed.

But.......Now it's up and running the safety rating just after clicking on the update button.
Strange,but it's OK with me.

We will see if they stay working.
I really,really like Webroot Complete and the community is great.

So thank you , I really appreciate the replies.

Gunner
Userlevel 4
There down again.
They showed up once,but now are showing gray and saying that it is down and are being worked on. No action by me is necessary.

Can someone look into this without me having to start a ticket please.

Thank you.
Userlevel 4
I do not see any reason why Security Essentials would be blocking the Safety Ratings and they're all still gray.
This is with a totally new installation including re-adding this PC to my Account.

The gray dot does say that the problem is with WSA and there is nothing I need to do.

Not happy......

Gunner

This is what the propertys say when I open the gray dot.

HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy
PNG File
https://wf.webrootanywhere.com/Content/images/bolt.png