Samsung Knox Security

Userlevel 4
I have Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8 android which comes with Knox Security. Could that be causing Webroot to stop every time I create new bookmarks.? Is Webroot and Knox  compatible and I also have cc cleaner. Sorry for all my questions but can't find these answers in the Tab A8 manual.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Merci-

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I am no Android user but have been here a while and seen a number of thread about Knox Security. Please review this one as it may provide you with some pertinent information on the subject, and this one (albeit somewhat older) for some additional background.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
Thank you Baldrick for your help. Think I'll just leave Knox on here. I'm not a techie at all and all the pros and cons for security apps does my poor head in!!
Userlevel 7
Hi Merci-

No worries...but from what I can see it does not appear that Knox Security is required if you have WRSA installed as well? Running duplicating apps must consume battery & other resources that are precious on a mobile device...so in my book...worth a thought!

Perhaps one of the other members who are Android users and may have had the same conundrum will be able to advise you better than I have been.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Merci,

I would just like to mention that I have Knox on my Samsung and I disabled it. For as Baldrick stated you don't need Knox if you have WSA. IMO.;)

It is possible that Webroot and Knox could be clashing. I would disable Knox and then see if you can save Bookmarks without Webroot crashing.

Otherwise you can have the Support Team check this out for you.