Solved

scans disabled and last scan date changing

• 29 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi! I'm having an issue with Webroot where it seems to be turning itself off and on automatically.

And all scans seem to be frozen or disabled, where it'll just say "0 files scanned" and processes "not scanned". The time elapses fine and continues changing as expected (1 second, 49 seconds, etc.) but nothing else changes during scanning.

Last scan time and duration, on the other hand, keeps changing. It alternates between "last scan 1 day, 22 hours ago" with 4m 34s and "last scan 2 hours ago" with 2m34s duration.

It only changes when I try to start a new scan or every few minutes, but keeps alternating between those two specific timestamps. (There is a third variation that now says it was last scanned <5 minutes ago, but still has the 2m34s length and still reverts to the other two)

The number of total scans also keeps changing, from 1 to 3. No longer shows the 200+ scans.

Next scan part of the menu alters between "Not scheduled" to "20 hours". I've also seen the phishing shield turn itself on and off under the Identity Protection tab as well, though it's only occurred once and stopped after I turned it back on manually (maybe a misclick?).

I noticed the change in behavior when webroot kept popping up in the corner of my screen (as if my computer just booted up) three times in a row, and noticed the scan and other features were off.

The only possible cause I have is that I kept seeing a prompt from Webroot asking to make changes to my computer EVERY time it got booted up.

I thought it was just a weird hiccup but I guess not. Our subscription is still valid but I'm not sure what's going on.

Is this malware or a bug?

EDIT:

Webroot SecureAnywhere CE 22.2

Version 9.0.32.58

Windows 10 PC

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 29 April 2022, 20:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @TiredMess 

Only Webroot support can help you because they have access to the backend and if they see issues they will make recommendations to you on fixing this issue! Also maybe a clean reinstall will fix this.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227 during the week Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,