Solved

Seamonkey issues with Webroot

• 18 April 2013
  • 5 replies

I use Seamonkey browser. This is an all in one browser built by Mozilla and Firefox developers. I am constantly getting warnings from Webroot that Seamonkey cant be trusted or Seamonkey is hogging memory and my machine locks up for 3 or 4 minutes and then get warnings to block or allow. I have used Seamonkey since its inceprtion  probably 5 years ago as a continuation of Netscape. I have never ever had an issue with it until I started using Webroot. Can Webroot be set up so this does not happen. Seamonkey is in my exceptions list in Webroot. It does not matter. The problem still occurs. Please advise.
Thanks
Bernie
icon

Best answer by JimM 18 April 2013, 20:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
I havent seen any tickets about Seamonkey issues so I am not aware of any problems. If you submit a troubleshooting ticket I can check out the logs from our program. Or if you want I can send them via a PM.
Userlevel 7
I don't see a support case in the system yet, but the kind of messages being described would make me immediately consider that they are probably not coming from Webroot. The memory message in particular is more likely coming from Windows itself or another program. If you could be sure to provide the exact text of the error messages, however you choose to go forward in troubleshooting, I'm sure that would be helpful for further diagnosis. 🙂
Userlevel 2
I respond to the SeaMonkey can't be trusted. My installations of SeaMonkey, Firefox, and Pale Moon get warnings after they update to new version. I simply click allow always. I want Webroot to do that. Sometimes when I have multiple windows open and the warning is hidden behind windows I wonder why the stop. I installed Winroll and flip windows up out of way.
Userlevel 7
Saintsatinstain, what level of heuristics do you have selected in Advanced Options?
Userlevel 2
Default now. Thank you.